Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Ellie
Super Member (250+ posts)

335 Posts
Gratitude: 77

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  15:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hello MyTherapy mates,

I would like to share with you some of my experiences about my (mainly unsuccessful) dating. I am not sure if this is an appropriate subject for this forum. If any of you or Dr Long find the subject offensive I will delete this message and will post nothing about this subject with no hurt feelings.
Go to Top of Page

Bailey
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2205 Posts
Gratitude: 575
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  16:00:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
There is nothing offensive about the topic to me Ellie. I look forward to hearing from you.

Laurie

Life is a voyage that is homeward bound!
Go to Top of Page

Ellie

335 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  14:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I have been trying to date women but it is not that easy for me. Years and years I hoped to find a girlfriend without actively searching for that. Some years ago I decided that this was not so good as a strategy.

I have been dating girls I met on the internet and I have been going to a gay bar. Till now I had no success. When I go to the gay bar I cannot start hitting on people. I think that I am too shy for that. And nobody has hit on me (I am not a beauty, but I am not ugly either). Dating girls from the internet is not that easy either. I have met almost 20 till now, I think. Only once I really liked a girl, but she had to leave for another country, so nothing happened.

I am not desperate on finding a girlfriend. I have my friends and I do not feel lonely. But I would like to have something more in my life.
Go to Top of Page

Jordan20071987
Full Member (100+ posts)

226 Posts
Gratitude: 35

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  11:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Jordan20071987's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey Ellie which sites have u used? some are good but others are not.

Matchdoctor.com is a good one. I am on there as jordan20071987 it is free.

Jordan
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper (inactive)
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

24317 Posts
Gratitude: 1940
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  13:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
good topic ellie i hve been wanting to do it again
i did two similar posts . i think this is an excellent subject.
i would like to know how bipolar disorder affects sexuality.
and about dating because i have no real experience to speak of.
what is the or are the purposes of dating. 1)reproduction 2)sex 3)
companionship, search for intamicy . anyone got anything to add. im all ears. also how does age affect courtship rituals
Go to Top of Page

Jordan20071987
Full Member (100+ posts)

226 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  14:03:25  Show Profile  Visit Jordan20071987's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I believe that if someone is a love one to you they will ever look any flaw you my have.

Jordan
Go to Top of Page

Ellie

335 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  14:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks for the sites Jordan. But I do not live in US (as you might have already suspect from my terrible English). Thanks, anyway. I really appreciate that.

quote:
Originally posted by stigmastomper

i would like to know how bipolar disorder affects sexuality.

I can only speek for myself. I used to be very venerable to be seduced. And when I say seduced I mean that I could be persuaded to have sex with persons I didn't really like. I think that this was mainly due to my BP. I felt depressed and I wanted to have sex so that I would feel better, I felt alone and I wanted some company. Some other times I had a very high sex drive that I couldn't really control. Since I take medicine for BP I feel that I control my sexual drive. It doesn't rules me. I have sex only if I want and only with someone I desire. And this feels great. I can stay without sex for long time and I do not mind.

quote:
Originally posted by stigmastomper

what is the or are the purposes of dating. 1)reproduction 2)sex 3)
companionship, search for intimacy .

That is a though question. I really have no idea. (I can still only speak for myself.) I just want to find a girlfriend. But I also want to have something for my life to be more adventurous. And dating is a bit of an adventure. Although not always positive, but at least you have something to talk with your friends about. But now the question is why do I want to find a girlfriend, because isn't that dating all about? I guess romantic love, passion, and may be a bit of companionship. And sex, of course. Well I really do not know. I am thirty and half and I still do not know.
Go to Top of Page

Jordan20071987
Full Member (100+ posts)

226 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  15:07:51  Show Profile  Visit Jordan20071987's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
If you have any questions or need help just email me at datinghernow@yahoo.com

i will be happy to help you any way i can

Jordan
Go to Top of Page

Jordan20071987
Full Member (100+ posts)

226 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  08:13:04  Show Profile  Visit Jordan20071987's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
That can be rough sometimes

Jordan, the KINKY One
Go to Top of Page

Ellie

335 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  14:33:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hello my friends,

To Jordan and Valia, thanks for the sites and support.

I have a date tomorrow (or I think I do). We just met once and tomorrow we will go to the movies. I liked her appearance and she seemed to be pretty smart. But she was kind of too serious for my taste. But that was just a first impression. We will see tomorrow. (To be honest, I would prefer to just go and have sex instead of going to the movies, as I haven't have sex since summer, but I do not think that she is that kind of person.) Anyway, I am asking you if you can cross your fingers for me.

I am sending you my
Go to Top of Page

Jordan20071987
Full Member (100+ posts)

226 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  14:46:37  Show Profile  Visit Jordan20071987's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Wow Ellie Congrats!!
quote:
To be honest, I would prefer to just go and have sex instead of going to the movies, as I haven't have sex since summer, but I do not think that she is that kind of person.

Me like you!!!!!!!!

So Ellie want some

Jordan, the KINKY One
Go to Top of Page

Lonelycatcher
Starting Member

15 Posts
Gratitude: 2

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  10:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey everyone my name is Catcher and I am new to this site.
I think is cool that you are open. As for well I only have a leg out if you know what I mean.

Lonely Catcher
Go to Top of Page

Jordan20071987
Full Member (100+ posts)

226 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  12:08:06  Show Profile  Visit Jordan20071987's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey Catcher what's up? You feeling better? Hey it's okay to only have a leg out of the closest. It takes time so don't worry

Jordan, the KINKY One
Go to Top of Page

Ellie

335 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  15:08:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Welcome Lonely Catcher,

I will agree with Jordan, it is OK not to be out to everybody. And you are still so young. I may sound like a failure, but at the age of 30 I am not that out myself. I haven't told it clearly to my family, although I imply it in any occasion. I haven't told my group psychotherapy mates, except of one guy which is gay himself and we have become best friends. And above all, I will never tell my bosses or colleagues as I am afraid that I will be kicked out. What is very important for me is that I have told it to my straight best friends.

On the other hand I am not that out about of my psycho disease either. I haven't told my gay friends about it and I could never let my work environment know, as I am afraid that I will be kicked out the other day, as well. It would be great if we didn't have to hide ourselves (gay, bipolars, whatever) but sometimes the cost of letting people know is too high. That is what happens in our little Mediterranean country. In US things are much easier as far as I know, but maybe not in your town or your family. Where are you from?

About my dating news: No news really. My date was sick and we postponed our meeting for Sunday. I hope that we could finally go to those movies and that something more than watching the movie will happen (No, I do not mean sex and stuff, I mean that I hope that we will be romantically interested in each other and not only friends or movie mates)

I am sending you many hugs
Go to Top of Page

Jordan20071987
Full Member (100+ posts)

226 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  15:23:09  Show Profile  Visit Jordan20071987's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey, Ellie

Hey I am 6 months younger than Catcher.

"Postponed" ohh well,

quote:
(No, I do not mean sex and stuff, I mean that I hope that we will be romantically interested in each other and not only friends or movie mates)

ohh come on who do you think you are fooling?
I little booty is always a plus!

Jordan, the KINKY One
Go to Top of Page

Jordan20071987
Full Member (100+ posts)

226 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  06:42:52  Show Profile  Visit Jordan20071987's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey what can I say I am just plain horny sometimes.

quote:
I little booty is always a plus!

Jordan, the KINKY One
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27738
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 1