Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

EVERGREEN
Full Member (100+ posts)

136 Posts
Gratitude: 5

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  10:34:07  Show Profile  Visit EVERGREEN's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
To Administrator: Thank you for the information on "Anger Attacks." I have attacks of anger from time to time and I feel very ashamed and embarrassed afterwards. I felt that it had to due with my depression and with stress, cause it only happens when I'm feeling that way. However, part of me was feeling like I was using that as an excuse and that I need more self-control. This report at least allevates some of my feelings of guilt which also contribute to my stress. Although, I still feel I need to excercise self-control, I'm very greatful for this report.

EVERGREEN
Go to Top of Page

Piglet

59 Posts
Gratitude: 3

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  07:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I second the thank you. My anger unfortunately doesnt come in bouts, its there daily and most times for no reasons. I have triggers that make me so I cant move on from the anger inside, but I have not expirienced the anxiety of it. Maybe just a fast heart rate. I am Bi-polar though so maybe that makes a difference? Because when I was manic, I had full blown anxiety attacks that had all the symptoms listed for anger but I was anxiousinstead. I am on Lexapro and Abilify, I dont think the Lexapro is working for the anger, it has subsided most of my suicidal thoughts though.

Ok now I am just babbling

If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans!
Go to Top of Page

scubiedoobeaches
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  17:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hello----I know what it is like to be angry or get angry over minor things that should not even matter but it does.
I have had to suffer severe consequences from that because sometimes things got out of control and I found out the anger doesnt subside all the time nor all the way.I get so angry sometimes until i cant sleep and i know that is bad.
I just thought i was moody,and a mean spirited person because that is what i was always called.I was just moody and evil.That hurt me because i knew i wasnt like that but i couldnt explain it either.
I was working at a job i didnt like didnt want to be there,would go to work and be evil and mean,and wouldnt talk to anyone and my anger would just fester all that day like it was a pot of boiling water.
I worked there for a many of years never fully understanding why i was so out of control.I havent been taking meds but for the last 2 or maybe 3 years,because it seemed unless u were hospitalized or labeled crazy u wasnt everything else about u was just your personality.
Uncontrolled anger can be very damaging to ones personality.It is like a volcano about to explode.I can become so angry at times until i am not myself and once i stop i cant beleive how uncontrollable i became,until it sometimes scares me.
Now that i am on depressants i seem to be somewhat in control but i know the rage is still there but it seems to be subsiding within me.
Go to Top of Page

elizabeths_mind
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  08:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I know what you guys are talking about. The anger has been going on since I was about 11. I would just get so ilrashional. often times I would end up screaming at my mother. (which anyone who knew her would say thats a BAD idea.) I finally told myself i had to tell someone this was a week ago. I was ao ashamed of it, mostly because in my family I have a grandfather who is very volital. (we think he has untreated BPD) My family would always ridicul him behind his back, this sounds mean, but if you only knew how he treats us.

I would keep the anger in and let it boil over, until I would end up screaming at someone or hurting myself just to release some of the anger, pain,and guilt. Just to find this form is such a releife. I finnally confessed to my theripist, whome I see every two weeks, she up'd my meds and told me to come bad in a few weeks. I felt like a criminal and a bad person. I knew I had this anger and I didnt want anyone to know how bad it was on the inside. At times i felt like killing someone for just standing there. (literaly) This is odd because i have alway been said to be a nice good hearted human being... but i certinly dont feel like that when im angry.
Go to Top of Page

marinetrader
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  03:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
My wife has been recently diagnosed as being severly depressed. Her depression causes her to frequently get so angry at me over such trivial matters, like diagreeing with what to have for lunch. The last episode has been going on for almost two weeks now and she has packed up and left home.

Is this to be expected and how to I cope?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

kunoichi_doctor22
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  09:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I used to be an extremely quiet girl and no matter what anyone says to me i would never reply and i'd show either an emotionless face or a smile. I was so calm and cool the the extent where people would accuse of being so cold and heartless. Now it's the exact opposite of my feelings. I don't get angry in public since a girl's reputation in my country is priceless. However, if i do get angry..it takes me a miracle to supress it and i'd let out maybe 15% of it. I end up breaking pencils and stuff. I have such a raging temper that only 15% has been witnessed by my friends and they've given me the nickname "Wrath of God". My temper developed 3 years ago after experiencing a state of shock from my ex fiance. I'm a different person at home sometimes and it's having a negative effect on my relationship with my family

Science & Religion aren't at odds. Science is just too young to understand

Science & Religion weren't enemies..but rather allies-2 different languages telling the same story, story of symmetry & balance..heaven & hell, night & day, hot & cold, God & Satan. Both science & religion rejoiced in God's symmetry..the endless contest of light & dark.
Go to Top of Page

EVERGREEN
Full Member (100+ posts)

136 Posts
Gratitude: 5

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  13:06:49  Show Profile  Visit EVERGREEN's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
MARINETRADER, I don't see that anyone responded to your post. Sorry, but I just saw it today. I'm sorry to hear that your wife left you. Is that an unusual event? I really can't say. People respond to the stresses of life in various ways. Maybe your wife could not find relief at home and chose to leave. All is not lost if you know where she is. You can maintain the lines of communication open. Try not to be judgmental, but try to show her understanding and patience. Perhaps in time you both can work things out. Recommend that she see a therapist. It would be great if you could both see a family therapist. However, if she should refuse to see one, it would be a good idea for you to go to one. You need someone to talk to. You are under a tremendous amount of stress too and need an outlet. Seeing a therapist doesn't mean you are crazy or sick. We all need someone to talk to from time to time whom we can trust with out secrets and our hearts. A therapist is a good place to start.

Evergreen

EVERGREEN
Go to Top of Page

beethoven
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  22:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
How can you get help for mental disorders when you have no job and no money? Researching for family member. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

purplehitops
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  17:31:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
quote:
Originally posted by marinetrader

My wife has been recently diagnosed as being severly depressed. Her depression causes her to frequently get so angry at me over such trivial matters, like diagreeing with what to have for lunch. The last episode has been going on for almost two weeks now and she has packed up and left home.

Is this to be expected and how to I cope?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish that I could help, but I am the angry wife. I just got mad at my husband because he had to go to work because one of the employees got arrested at the store! He has to drive about 1 and 1/2 hours one way to get to this store. It's a Saturday and he's supposed to be home helping me with stuff. My feet hurt and we have three kids to take care of. I really don't even understand why I'm so mad. He can't do anything about it. Get your wife some help! Then GO WITH HER to see the therapist. The therapist needs to hear your side of the story as well as hers. If she's anything like me, she doesn't really know how to control herself at all. It could be because of her own repressed anger. It's tough. Good luck. God bless.
Go to Top of Page

ashleeblonde1
Full Member (100+ posts)

184 Posts
Gratitude: 3

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  15:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hello, purple,
I feel exactly the same way!! I know he has to go take care of stuff and make money but i still don't want him to leave. i get angry over stupid stuff and cant control the huge rage!
Go to Top of Page

flounderfish
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  11:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I've had anger too. Since kid I told my parents to shut up cos their talking made me angry. I loved quietness. Well, I still struggle with anger. Sometimes daily, sometimes more, sometimes less. Lately been having it quite much. I get so angry I could break everything...
I don't want to be angry. but it just hits me. when it hits i try to do something that i like.....altough it might not be easy cos everything makes u more angry. today when i went to market every single food seemed yucky - because of general annoyance that just hit me out of the blue. i'm still recovering from it. got it maybe 2 hours ago today.
it often has to do with being touch with parents. and those anger attacks are scary sometimes cos i feel like want to die and "that would be the best solution" - altough normally i'm not suicidal but want to experience and live. my psychologist said it is a good thing being able to experience anger - cos many ppl don't.
Go to Top of Page

nutmeg

73 Posts
Gratitude: 6

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  15:01:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Sometimes anger comes at me from little things that set me off and bother me a lot. I don't know how do you deal with anger in ways that are proper and without hurting anyone?
Go to Top of Page

sophi__x
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  16:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi i am onlie 15 and feel anger is taking over me

I have [[s.t.r.e.s.s]] and suffer from [[d.e.p.r.e.s.s.i.o.n]]

I get annoyed over the stragest little things && do not even realise when i snap off at my boyfriend or mates they realise i dont do it on purpose but they retaliate and make it worse, i always feel like hitting them afterwards, i have broke my last 3 phones fthrowing them and i have also broke two doors kicking it down tooh shout at my sister!my anger is progressing!
i just want tooh know what it actualli is that causes it as there is many things it could be!

Go to Top of Page

nessoz
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  05:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Everone,

I am depressed and some days I feel like I could smash everything in the house. Today I just feel very lonley and sad. I am on meds. I have a beautiful daughter who is perhaps the only thing that stops me going completley off the rails. I have a partner who is very nonsympathetic and when he is ignoring me or blaming me it makes me feel so much worse. My family is in Australia and I am in the uk. I have friends that I could call but don't.is there anyone online that would talk to me now.
Go to Top of Page

nessoz
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  05:48:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Go to Top of Page

nessoz
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  11:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic

My partner says he is bored with it, sick of being threatned and assulted and abused and shouted and called names.

He makes comments about my age and says I should take responsibility for my actions.He says he is not bothered and has more important things than going on some stupid computer chat show.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27737
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0