Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

duchess44
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  07:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I just began taking this 30mg 1x daily yesterday was my first dose. I immediately began to feel foggy or just weird. I can't really explain exactly how I felt last night. And a slight headache. I didn't sleep well last night (dreams)and I woke this morning to find my face was swollen a little and I still have this headache. I do have acid in my tummy and am belching alot. Some mild nausea.

My main question is...are these side effects of this drug? Do they hit you that soon? Right after the very first dose?

Also, is it best to take this in the am or pm with food?

Thanks,
Duchess
Go to Top of Page

duchess44
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  12:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Does anyone have any advice for me about this? I am very fearful of starting a new medication that I have read has so many bad side effects. I have only taken 1 30mg pill and already have a severe headache and my heart is pounding.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Lozenges
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  09:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Duchess, you should be VERY hesitant to take this drug. I only took it one time and it nearly killed me. This is a BAD, DANGEROUS medication!!! I cannot stress this enough!!! Hope this helps you--I see no one else has posted on this, which is too bad. Good luck...
Go to Top of Page

duchess44
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  09:15:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
quote:
Originally posted by Lozenges

Duchess, you should be VERY hesitant to take this drug. I only took it one time and it nearly killed me. This is a BAD, DANGEROUS medication!!! I cannot stress this enough!!! Hope this helps you--I see no one else has posted on this, which is too bad. Good luck...

Thanks for that. I called my doctor and told her about the dizziness and blurred vision and she told me to stop taking it and we will discuss it when I come in for my next visit. I hate when she says that because it makes me feel like I have been a bad girl or something
I do still plan on asking her for something similar to this however. I feel that I am getting depressed and this needs to be addressed before it gets too bad.
Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Lozenges
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  09:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
My doctor wanted to see me after my horrible experience but I refused...why should I pay him to find out what I already know?

I totally understand how you feel, but stand your ground, and don't give her the power to make you think you did anything wrong. SHE was wrong to give you the stuff at all--SHE should feel bad, not you!!! Go to:
http://www.askapatient.com/viewratings.asp?drug=21427&name=CYMBALTA&sort=satisfaction
and print out all the bad ratings (they're at the bottom), then show them to her. If that doesn't convince her, nothing will.
Go to Top of Page

Amie (inactive)
Super Member (250+ posts)

746 Posts
Gratitude: 5

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  21:57:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Duchess,

It sounds like the info you gave your doc told her that this med is not for you. Those type of side effects seem like they are worse than the "average" ones that are not so severe and that can go away with time. Other people have taken this med and like it (at least I think so). So you are just trying different ones out like we all do. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Amie
Go to Top of Page

duchess44
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  22:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks. Yea she is just starting to treat me for depression. I guess it is a side effect of chronic pain. Eventually everyone gets depressed because they are so sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I am hoping to try Wellbutrin.
Go to Top of Page

Amie (inactive)
Super Member (250+ posts)

746 Posts
Gratitude: 5

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  22:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey Duchess,

You posted right after me so I assume we are both 'on' the forum. If you care to chat go to the chat room okay? I will just vacuum a bit here at home then check for you.

Amie
Go to Top of Page

Lozenges
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  07:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Duchess, if Cymbalta made you sick, Wellbutrin may not be right for you, either. I have taken a number of SSRIs (including Wellbutrin) and none of them seem to help--they just make me tired and sick. I know a lot of doctors don't like to prescribe benzodiazepines, but Klonopin works for me with no side effects. The major problem with benzos is withdrawal, but for me withdrawing isn't an option. As somebody said on another board, until the idiots at the FDA approve something that works better, I'm going to keep taking it.
Go to Top of Page

Julee
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  14:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I would not go on this med, had I known how hard it is to come off. Aynone know how long the withdarawl period is? I was on it for almost a year, 60mg daily.
Also, has anyone experienced problems with libido while taking this?
Go to Top of Page

lisad
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  10:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I would really like to know how long the withdrawal effects last too.
I took it for 2.5 weeks (for mild depression) and then stopped about 1 week ago. Now I am experiencing a range of side effects (vivid dreams, severe depression and extreme fatigue), in general I am pretty sure I'm losing my mind ...
Go to Top of Page

bluemorrow
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  10:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
So many people are having trouble with this drug. There are almost 1000 comments from people on this page:

http://drugs.healthdiaries.com/cymbalta-side-effects.html

Like Lozenges said, it appears to be a very dangerous drug!
Go to Top of Page

Rabbi David
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  01:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
5 Oct 2007: My wife took 1 20mg pill last Monday and 3 hours later was in the E.R. with severe tremors, nausea, sweating, dizziness, heart palipatations, swelling, and a killer headache. They said she had "an adverse reaction." Her normal M.D. said she had an "anaphalactic reaction." Five days later and she still has the killer headache and still has blurry vision. Whatever this stuff is - perhaps they should think about recalling it. I saw a story on NBC Nightly News last week that said in the last 4 years the number of people killed by prescription and over-the-counter drugs had increased from 125,000 a year to over 400,000 people per year: the number one drug that had killed more people than any was: Tylenol. What's going on with the FDA? Is bribery by the pharmaceutical companies ...really that effective?
Go to Top of Page

jazzy
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  10:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Has anyone experienced a total loss of smell and taste after taking cymbalta? I fell and hit my head one night and after that I lost these senses. I am trying to figure out if it is related to the injury or if cymbalta played a role. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

maxabukar
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  00:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Cymbalta is used as depression medication.Cymbalta increases the risk of elevated serum transaminase. It has been associated with an increase in blood pressure. Blood pressure should be monitored throughout treatment. Cymbalta till now is generally not being prescribed to pregnant women. Cymbalta is a class C drug, which means that it can and will be passed onto your baby and he or she could develop medical conditions as a result. Many women become pregnant when taking Cymbalta and their doctors typically choose to take them off the drug during the third trimester, when medical complications usually arise as a result of taking this drug.
http://www.mydepressionmedication.com/
Go to Top of Page

Eazy
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2010 :  06:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey everyone my names Eazy.
Ive been reading a few articals hear and would like to help as ive been through most of it right to attempted suicide last week.
Ive been on anti depressants for 4 yrs now and im saying no they almost killed me. Thats the bottom line.
Im not saying there not for everyone but there has to be a better way i lost my total identity through them.
Cymbalta 3.5yrs my doctor gave ne now alternative and poped me straight on medication i started wit Avanza then Lexapro because of anxiety of returning to work after 1 year off for a work injury. I used to be fit a Scaffolder and a Crane op and a Rigger.
Life of the party type a big burly bloke yeah.
So depression can happen to anyone and its a horrable thing but theres a lot that i realise now that happens on the way and thats what you need to know.
Cymbalta> Yes when you start this it can definetly give you a fuzzy feeling and you get pulses in your head like electric current pulses almost dose that help with you discription.
you may feel dizzy and blured vission, also when you do head movments or body movment qiuck or even not so quick.
At a guess from experience your brain is sending signals to your body to do an action and maybe the drug is exadurating the signals it feels like that to me sometimes.
eventualy i thought the drugs have done thier job so i asked the doc because they where starting to have an adverse effect on me and i was content back in the work place.
he disagreed and it all went down hill from there.
I realised he stuck me straight on them without any other for of therapy wich i have started now and im off em.
your mind is a powerfull instrument give it a chance there are a lot of normal human emotions that you are intitled to in life dont destroy the chance to use those again like i did.
Hey but im not a doctor what do i know.
I know when things are going from wrong to worse and changing medication is not the answer for me.
(Duchess44) 30mg is your first dose yes you will feel foggy and weird your head now has something new in it.
your dreams your lack of sleep it sounds to me like they are not the ones for you and 30mg they start then your on 60mg
and they keep doing it to you till you are a nut case.
Please do not find my tone harse i hate to hear what they do to you and me and everyone here.
think about it if your ok to post here your not that bad you have some sort of good motor up stairs. Im sure the drugs didn't help you find the site. you found the site because your brain wants you to find a way out and you can do it.
there are very simple things to do.
go to the beach, breathe the fresh air or the bush in the rain runing down the trees smelling nature, and loving the simple unclutted things in life.
a doctors view maybe 5 paitents x 1/2 hr spent 10 mins doing presciptions for each that bloke has just made 50 mins turn into 2.5hrs pay, i seen on TV today tonight current affair them giving babys presciption mental medication, Why? because the mother thought the baby screemed to much.
Last week i thought very strong or week i drank to a blood alc level of .27 and took two full packets of my medication and sleeping pills because i have not slept for more than 4hrs for over 2 months and i wanted to die thinking you want to give me pills ill take the lot.
i ended in hospital and they made me vomit it took 5 days over easter i was happy in hospital because i didn't have to deal with life pressures and no medication and i slept well for the whole time.
the doc gave me more i took them home and put them away and didn't touch them and i feel better already still a little foggy but getting good sleep.
Try yoga, fittness and eat well plenty of iron in your greens and fish is great for thr brain,
If i was a doctor i would say first look at the food you eat stay away from processed foods in cans etc eat fresh not the burger king or junk food eat well, breath well, get out of the smoggy city even a park and some exersise not hard exersise, ride a bike, Move from the city if its an optune, your helth is most important.
do something nice for someone you will be suprised what that will do for you mentaly. But dont over do anything keep it real and dont anoy anyone make frends not enemies, stay away from negitive people.
spoil your self with a nice bath with natural oils and look after your feet, get a massarge maybe once a month more if you can swindle it and do it for them another day or pay if you have to. but make sure you get one a month. head massage back massage. dont try all this in one day set out a plan put it on your fridge look at it every night to see what unexpected changes need to be made to suit.
Maybe magnet sheet cut up and ideas and move them to suit your plans for the week.
Most important look after number one (you) they will forgive you if you miss out on what they want to do that next day just give notice be polite as i know you are today is your day what do you want to do. I almost didn't have another day and i know the real gravity of that feeling.
I did not loose any smell or tast hmm thats a worry.
Please everyone make sure all other resorces are worn before medication, Its your life and i care about mine and anyone going through depression and heres a smile for you all.

Seriously try alternative therapy first like counceling real counceling (not a chat and coffee)i mean Brain exersises & relaxation tecneques.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27738
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0