Starting Member

31 Posts
Gratitude: 4

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  13:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Seroquel
Pronounced: SER-oh-kwell
Generic name: Quetiapine fumarate

Important fact about this drug:

Seroquel may cause tardive dyskinesia--a condition characterized by uncontrollable muscle spasms and twitches in the face and body. This problem can be permanent, and appears to be most common among older adults, especially women. [Addentum: Seroquel can induce tardive dyskinesia, but this is seldom severe enough to be noticed by a lay person. Administrator ]

Side effects include:
Abdominal pain, constipation, diminished movement, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, excessive muscle tone, headache, indigestion, low blood pressure, nasal inflammation, neck rigidity, rapid heartbeat, rash, tremor, uncontrollable movements, weakness, back pain, cough, difficulty breathing, difficulty speaking, ear pain, fever, flu, loss of appetite, palpitations, sore throat, sweating, swelling, abnormal dreams, abnormal ejaculation, abnormal vision, abnormal gait, abnormal thinking, acne, alcohol intolerance, amnesia, arthritis, asthma, bleeding gums, bone pain, bruising, chills, confusion, conjunctivitis (pinkeye), dehydration, delusions, diabetes, difficulty swallowing, dry eyes, ear ringing, eczema, eye pain, face swelling, fungal infection, gas, gum inflammation, hallucinations, heavy menstruation, hemorrhoids, impotence, increased appetite, increased sex drive, increased salivation, irregular pulse, itching, jerky or irregular movement, joint pain, lack of emotion, lack of coordination, leg cramps, loss of menstruation, low blood sugar, manic reaction, migraine, mouth sores, muscle weakness, neck pain, nosebleeds, painful menstruation, painful urination, paralysis, paranoia, pelvic pain, pneumonia, rash, rectal bleeding, seborrhea, sensitivity to light, skin inflammation or ulcer, slow heart rate, stomach and intestinal inflammation, stupor, swollen testicles, taste disturbances, teeth grinding, thirst, tongue swelling, twitching, uncontrollable bowel movements, underactive thyroid, urinary frequency or incontinence, urinary retention, urinary tract infection, vaginal bleeding, vaginal inflammation, vaginal yeast infection, vertigo.
Go to Top of Page

lynn2150
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

21329 Posts
Gratitude: 2146
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  06:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Jesus H Chr*st, what a long list of side effects.
Is it not better to be crazy than to take this drug?

Man on his own is a weak creature, but, joined with others, working for the same goals, can work miracles.
Go to Top of Page

findley70769803
Starting Member

6 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  04:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi there...
I am pretty new to this website...I was taking this and changed it because I gained 21 lbs in 3 months. I am now taking Geodon! What is up with this drug I can't figure it out... It says I should take it 2 times daily at 40mg each. I took it on Friday and passed out I took it on Saturday and could not sleep! I am having a hard time with my medical doctors. Everytime I find one I like they leave the practice...So it is effecting my meds and my situation. So please let me know what you think. They changed my Efferxor to Cilbilta. I feel great with that! I was taking 150mg of Effexor in the morning and 75 in the afternoon. So it was hard to function. Thanks for your help.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

findley70769803
Starting Member

6 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  04:55:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
quote:
Originally posted by lynn2150

Jesus H Chr*st, what a long list of side effects.
Is it not better to be crazy than to take this drug?

Man on his own is a weak creature, but, joined with others, working for the same goals, can work miracles.

Hi Lynn...Yes I was having a hardtime also...They put me on something new (Geodon)I don't know it I like it either....Crap this sucks! I can't wait til they can figure me out...

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

aquastell
Starting Member

14 Posts
Gratitude: 3

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  17:20:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I have been on both Geodon and Seroquel at different times. Seroquel worked well for me for a while, until I had an involuntary interruption of it. (And it irritates to me to NO end when people tell me not to stop taking medication just because I feel better, when that is not what happened at all!)

When I tried to take the Seroquel again after the interruption, it didn't work for me. So my new pdoc put me on the Geodon, and it worked great. It gave me just a little tiny bit of perpetual hypomanic edge. Great! Then I ended up in the ER with side effects from the Geodon. Then I lost my pdoc. I restarted taking the Seroquel because I have a choice in my personal arsenal of Lithium or Seroquel left over from previous Rx's - and no pdoc. Lithium does not a thing for me. I am taking 100 mg of Seroquel now (I was previously prescribed 300 mg, but am trying to make it last until I get a new pdoc) and 20 mg of Lexapro (until it runs out). I guess I feel better than if I got kicked in the head, but still not great.

I had some of the side effects at the 300 mg dose, and I have some at the 100 mg dose, but not nearly as severe. I know the side effects sound awful as listed, but honestly, I don't think they are all that common, probably. My first pdoc told me about them and she said if you know about them, then as soon as one hits that you find intolerable, you know to get off the stuff. And apparently it can be quit cold turkey, because I have been taken off of it twice abruptly. Once by a doctor, and once not. It didn't hurt a bit, I promise.

It's ok if you are normal. We can still be friends.
Go to Top of Page

lynn2150

21329 Posts
Gratitude: 2146
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  21:46:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I would be afraid to try 300 mg, yet, that is the common dose.
HELLP !
We shall find the way, one day.
!

Note to self: ask God what His plans are, for me, for the day.
Go to Top of Page

pathwey
Super Member (250+ posts)

309 Posts
Gratitude: 107

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  14:32:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey guys?

I take 150mg in the morning (Seroquel) and 300mg at night! 450mg total.

The only side effect I get, is that when I take it, after about half an hour I feel dizzy/faint and have to lie down for a bit. At night the 300mg usually helps me sleep. (Although I am struggling to sleep at the mo, because they've added an anti-depressant that seems to wake me up in the early hours (even though it's meant to be sedating????!!!!)

I am from England tho so whether prescribing is different here I don't know. But I do know someone else who takes the whole 450mg at night - though she does say she struggles to get up in the morning!

Hey-ho!!

Jules x
Go to Top of Page

warblaster

112498 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2021 :  10:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
http://cottagenet.ru/plan/220

Go to Top of Page

warblaster

112498 Posts