Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

damsel in distress
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  23:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I believe my depression stems from childhood but feel like I need to be rediagnosed,as I have symptoms of other mental illness's according to several doctors,some of which were not the same.

Damsel in distress
Go to Top of Page

damsel in distress
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  20:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I hate labels

Damsel in distress
Go to Top of Page

JUGGALO2005
Starting Member

1 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  03:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
damsel i am only 15 but i know how it feels to think theres something else. I have been told i have the tention disorder aswell as depression. i wish you the the best of luck with everything and if you need to ever talk you can always "IM" me on aol or yahoo.
Go to Top of Page

ILuvDogz
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  04:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi James...I have read your replies, and am very impressed! I think you are on the right road. I am sorry for your sexual abuse as a child. I will never understand why people do such awful things to a child, but my point is that you seem to be on the right track, and have an absolutely phenominal attitude about it. God bless you...

Laurie
Go to Top of Page

ILuvDogz
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  05:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi James...It's me, Laurie (ILuvDogz) again. If you don't mind, and have some time, I would appreciate your input on something I posted. It's under Depression, General Topics, Social, Loss of Friends. I think I posted it in the wrong spot, but nevertheless...your opinion would be valuable to me. Thanks!

Laurie
Go to Top of Page

bcph57
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  09:34:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Damsel in distress,
I also believe mine started in early child hood but back when I had it. mid 1950's they had very little to go on. I can remember crying for no perceived reason. If we allow our self to look at are early years we can learn how to deal with it today.
How long has it been for you If we can talk to each other and the people we are close to, some of the public's misconception about our illness may lesson
Please hang in there if you need to talk please do.
Go to Top of Page

bicepsforyou
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  09:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi james I hope every thing works out for you.
Go to Top of Page

JodyWoo
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

5784 Posts
Gratitude: 665
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  13:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I still wonder what exactly caused my depression. My mother had it, so that might be it, but nothing major happened when I was younger to cause my depression. It is sad to hear of childhood abuse and such things, I'm glad I didn't have to go through it, and I wish that no one else has to either. Wish everyone good luck

Jody the 15 year old from Tucson, AZ

"Never regret something that once made you smile."
Go to Top of Page

Pitt Britt (inactive)
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  21:01:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I have to agree with a lot of people on here.

Causes are hard to diagnose. But often you can guess. Sometimes its heraditary. Or brought on.

And if it's BOTH, you're in a real mess.

Like me. Depression runs in the family, and my childhood didnt help to improve the situation.

But im finding help. And am finally willing to listen to the advice of others.

If you wish, get re-evaluated. But often, if you look deep in your heart, you can find the cause of almost anything you're feeling.

Or so i think.

I wish you the best.
Go to Top of Page

jennismortal
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  02:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Childhood depression is just as serious as adult depression. However, it is important to recognize that children have unique signs to be aware of when recognizing and diagnosing depression.
Depression in children may manifest itself in different ways, in different age groups. The younger a child is, the more difficult it is for them to understand their feelings, to identify them, and thus, to put a label to them. The younger a child is, the harder it is for them to be able to translate their feelings into thoughts and this makes it very difficult to express their feelings into words.In children ages 3 through 5, the most common emotional signs of depression are sadness, a detached or far away look, displays of anger and aggression, a timid or fearful appearance, shyness, a spacey look, moodiness and irritability. Young children who are depressed may have physical symptoms that are unexplainable such as headaches, stomach aches, cramps, nausea, failure to thrive, wetting the bed, asthma, tiredness, difficulties getting to sleep, and nightmares. They may display aggressive behaviors, such as hitting or fighting, or may suddenly start lying or stealing.
Depressed children may suddenly become disinterested in activities or things that they once enjoyed. They may show unusual preoccupation with morbid things, such as death or dying. They may engage in risk taking behaviors, and may be prone to accidents and injuries.They may be hyper and out of control. Depressed children at this age may also have difficulty separating from their parents and may be difficult to comfort.

www.anxietytherapypro.com
Go to Top of Page

neal3178
Starting Member

17 Posts
Gratitude: 4

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  23:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Treating childhood depression is very similar to treating depression in adults, although in this case a careful diagnosis is extremely important. It is important to rule out all other possible physical causes of symptoms before deciding to treat for depression. Often times an assessment will include a psychological analysis of the depressed child, as well as interviews with parents, teachers, and anyone else who deals with the child in a relevant way.
Go to Top of Page

jerlin09
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  03:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Really a sensational discussion !!!!!!!

Drug Rehab
Go to Top of Page

alexa001
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  02:10:53  Show Profile  Visit alexa001's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
online health pharmacy
Hello,

Depression is a serious health problem that affects people of all ages, including children and adolescents.It is the persistent experience of a sad or irritable mood and the loss of interest or pleasure in nearly all activities.Depression is a form of mental illness that affects the whole body — it impacts the way one feels, thinks and acts.

http://www.raymeds.com/
http://www.raymeds.com/purchase/kamagra.aspx
http://www.raymeds.com/purchase/kamagra-oral-jelly.aspx
http://www.raymeds.com/purchase/zenegra.aspx
Go to Top of Page

Jerry1949
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

3117 Posts
Gratitude: 175

Posted - 12/14/2010 :  14:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I can not think of a time after I was 9 or 10 that I did not feel depressed and I still fight it 5 decades later but Mt has lots of people to tell had is bothering you and you will not be judged we are all on the same boat so keep posting

Jerral
Go to Top of Page

Soleranz
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  21:48:22  Show Profile  Visit Soleranz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Psychotherapy requires significant commitment where as treatment of depressive disorders with medication requires less effort. Since normal depression can improve over time and without therapy, a brief period of medication may not be of benefit. Psychotherapy can be helpful in cases of normal depression and can help insure the condition does not become chronic. Antidepressant medications require a substantial period of time before they take effect and several trials of different medications may be necessary to find a medication that actually works. Medications alone appear to be helpful in approximately 50% of the cases.
Go to Top of Page

haleymeer
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  04:54:17  Show Profile  Visit haleymeer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
You know the root cause of your depression , so just don't think about it.... Try consulting a Counselor who would advice you better.... Try doing yogic exercises... Main thing is try to keep yourself busy in some work , so that you will eventually forget much about it.....

Silagra , Kamagra Online , Kamagra Jelly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27738
New Topics: 1
New Topics: 0