Page: of 7

EmergingArtist
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

9136 Posts
Gratitude: 822
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honest

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  10:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Saturday

This morning I saw the soft orange backlight of the bedside clock to read eleven something. I'd woken myself up several times since 6 a.m. by talking out loud in my sleep. I'm snacking on raisin bran out of the bag. Once again having trouble breathing fluidly. Hands and feet like ice.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  18:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Sunday

We have all incandescent lighting in our place except for two additional fluorescents over the kitchen sink. But in the kitchen there is the overhead globe light which is soft and is also on a dimmer switch. Every once in a while, depending on what task I am doing on the computer, the computer will make various noises as if it is thinking harder. I sprayed febreeze on the bedsheets and sprayed too much, so I have them in the washer downstairs. Earlier I ate three Jimmy Dean sausage and biscuit egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches for an afternoon snack right before I took a four-hour nap.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  15:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Monday

There are a lot of warm colors in our apartment I notice today, even the blues are warm. I hear no birds chirping outside the window at the moment. I'm having a Hershey's vanilla cream milkshake. It smells very vanilla-y. I've been hunching my shoulders throughout the day, but not as much as usual.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  11:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Tuesday

Watched Robin&Company on CNN this morning. The pigeons were making noise and distracting me from the news; they are still building a nest in the neighbor's window. Right now, I have a rancid taste in my mouth from anxiety, shallow breathing. I've got my winter down jacket on as I'm sitting inside the apartment, so I'm not cold. My jacket smells like plastic for some reason.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  14:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Wednesday

Tore the page off the page-a-day calendar and looked at the horse photo on the Wednesday page. Petted my little lamb beanie baby on the bedside table. Hadn't awakened myself with my own cries in my sleep last night or this morning. Took meds; fluoxetine has no apparent flavor, Atenolol is slightly chalky if I let it sit on my tongue. Nothing is stinky smelling today, thankfully.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  07:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thursday

Saw Robin Meade on CNN Headline News. Lots of birds twittering early this morning, more than I've noticed before. Orange juice. Breathing poorly. Hunching shoulders.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  08:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Friday

This morning I stretched before I got out of bed and as of now am not hunching my shoulders. *Sigh*. I spoke to therapist; she answered the phone on the second ring at her office. The Imus debacle was on MSNBC (and every other news station on TV). Orange juice and Honey Bunches of Oats was my breakfast.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  10:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Saturday

I'm having Celestial Seasonings Berry Zinger tea. My husband and I have been channel surfing. I can hear him taking a shower now. Suddenly I'm aware that I'm tensing my back and shoulders. I'm also pursing the muscles around my mouth and temples.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  08:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
The elephant says, *goofy elephant voice*

"If you're comfortable with yourself

you'll be comfortable with others."

*trumpeting* and *stampeding to catch up with the herd*

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  09:16:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Monday

I wrote out a check for my therapy this week and had my husband sign it. His checks have the theme of the 60s peace era stuff such as pastel peace symbols and goofy smiley faces. (My checks have a background of soft flower photo images). The pizza from 2 nights ago heated up this morning tastes better and smells better than I recall it tasting and smelling 2 nights ago. My hands are freezing and need warming up and I'm wondering again about the effects of the computer white noise on me.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  14:49:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Tuesday

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  13:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Wednesday

I had mac and cheese and Pepsi for lunch. I haven't gone out of the apartment yet today. I slept well, and I stretched before I got up. It turns out the noise I hear from the computer being on is not "white noise," but the fans inside the computer module; I spoke to my husband over the phone earlier, and he let me know that it was the computer's fans. Then my husband went on to tell me that he has tinnitus (I had no idea!) and that there are sounds also classified as "pink noise" and "violet noise" etc. which I did not at first believe, thought he's joking because I never heard of such noises--and he is a joker at times.

Here are six 10-second samplings
of
the various-colored noises:

quote:
gray
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=Gray+noise.ogg&wiki=en

violet
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=Purple+noise.ogg&wiki=en

blue
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=Blue+noise.ogg&wiki=en

brown/red
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=Brown+noise.ogg&wiki=en

pink
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=Pink+noise.ogg&wiki=en

white
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=White+noise.ogg&wiki=en

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  14:27:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thursday

My back hurts from tension, as does the right side of my face and the base of the back of my neck and my shoulders. The sky outside the window is a clear blue and the sun's shining through, but I need to wear my winter jacket indoors here to stay comfortable. I am not liking the looks of my fingernails, sitting here with the Real Jazz XM station on in the background. Well, I went to McDonald's for lunch and they were flying their flags half-mast, probably in honor of the people who were murdered by Cho. Once again, I have trouble recalling much of anything in regards to the scents around me today.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2007 :  08:00:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Friday

I danced my little lamb and little bear beanie babies on top of my husband's head in bed this morning. God, that new alarm clock has a super loud alarming sound; I also recall clearly the sound of tearing off the page of my page-a-day calendar. In between getting coffee and watching Robin & Co., I furtively peeked out the back door window to see the new neighbors, who were heading out to their cars; it's a young couple, and I saw them kiss one another good-bye before they each got into their respective cars. Then I went back to buttering my potato bread, which my husband called "pee bread" because it's very yellow--but it tastes very good, not like I imagine pee might taste. Once again, I recall no smells.

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  07:27:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Sunday

Haven't had coffee yet and can't smell it although it's finished brewing. I can hear husband watching tv. Not sure why, but I brushed my teeth after taking my pills this morning. I see it is W.L.'s birthday today, according to MT. Hunching the shoulders.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27761
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0