Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

metasegue
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

4968 Posts
Gratitude: 945
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 09/07/2016 :  00:33:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Can we post new topics in this forum? Apparently...yes. Will it register as a "new topic" on the intro forum? I don't know yet but I am curious. If anyone reads this, please comment.

I'm not sure why I'm still lingering on this site. It was my hideaway for so many years...I guess it's just an old habit dying.

“The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2016 :  02:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Upon rereading my intro post, I noticed I referred to this place as "my hideaway". The term appealed to me emotionally but conflicted with what I consciously think about my time here. I could (and did) hide from my personal reality by immersing myself in the conversations being generated but by engaging with others I grew in self recognition.

I feel with my Cancer (Moon) heart, think with my Pisces (Sun) brain, and hope with my Taurus (Ascendant) soul. Through interactions here, studying the science, and integrating my personality...I have prevailed. I use no prescribed medication, have no negative symptoms, and feel balanced.

The pic is what comes up when I try to upload one of my own. This has become prevalent here. I don't know if it's just another site malfunction or is being done deliberately. At any rate, I have absolutely no interest in the "Shanghai Containerized Freight Index" but as I recall Shanghai is the Doc's idea of Utopia and was a major point of contention between he and I. It seems like a probable replacement for anything I might try to post. But then, by voicing this "Possibility", I could be accused of paranoia...how convenient.

“The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2016 :  18:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Swam outside for (probably) the last time this year today. The overnight temps are falling to the 50's and upper 40's now...the water temperature is becoming problematic. I will miss the pool so much.

The pic you're seeing is what comes up when I try to post a photo of my pool.

Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2016 :  20:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
For some reason, I feel compelled to maintain a strand of contact with this site. But only a strand...lost among many tangled strands. I have other places I frequent but perhaps the longevity of my history here makes me continue to speak...though it's probable no one will hear me.

No matter...the activity justifies itself. I feel better for it.

Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2016 :  09:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
The Soc. forum looks bleak. I gather people are having a hard time accessing their blogs.

The "Stigs" controversy: he simply grew tired of the routine here and sought a friendlier (and more interesting) venue. I did too and I found it. I watch as more abandon the place...ah well

Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2016 :  00:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
The involuntary pic download is fascinating me. If it's random...does chaos theory come into play. If it's ordered...what is the object? So...I will try to upload something and will then try to determine if the replacement is at all related to the one I'm trying to post. I'll try to upload a pic of a yellow jacket bee approaching a daisy. Ah yes...it's the old "Welcome Aboard" lame illustration. I can't see any connection with the bee. Intriguing.

Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2016 :  22:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I'm watching "Air America" again. It's a film about the CIA sponsored "conflict" in Laos during the Vietnam war. It's based on real events involving drug smuggling, gun running, political intrigue...and other types of high adventure.

I could have showed up in Vietnam (circa 1964) as a pilot, at twenty years old, with warrant officer's bars on my shoulders. Instead, I refused reenlistment and went home to drugs, guns, political demonstrations...and much debauchery.

Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

Diesel

5266 Posts
Gratitude: 115

Posted - 09/28/2016 :  17:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Keith you can have a guaranteed visitor in me!

I will talk to you always!

I just want to be happy and healthy. Nothing more, nothing less!

Music has charms to soothe the savage beast
Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2016 :  14:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Well alright!!!

Hello Dee. Now I can justify being here. Thanks for the post...hope you're doing well.

My son and his wife are splitting and the friction is fierce...I just hate what it does to the kids. Winter's coming...as usual, I'm still unprepared and doing my last minute thing.

Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

chelle25

7607 Posts
Gratitude: 912
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  20:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Keith,

Just stopping in to say hello. I hope all is well on your end. It's starting to get cold here in Cleveland. I think winter is here.
Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  21:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Chelle,

Glad you could stop. Yes...winter .

In some ways I like winter or rather, I like what the time and isolation does for me. It's my time for focusing on indoor projects and self discovery. Yes...I'm still learning about me.

From Soc...

Posted - 10/22/2016 : 19:22:27
"Hmmmm I don't know what to think of the current elections here coming up in the United States.

It seems we have no choice's to choose from. Either Hillary or Trump. It's a pretty scarey situation indeed."

Yeah...It's creepy. I don't think Trump has a chance unless Putin has some heavy blackmail material he can leak for him.

Always happy to talk kid.

Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

chelle25

7607 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  22:19:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
HI Keith,

In some ways I like winter too. My allergies don't act up in the winter and it's good sleeping weather.

The downfall is the higher heating bills and the brisk cold winters here in Cleveland. The wind is horrible too here by the lake.

Yeah it looks like Hillary might win and now that they are going to town with that video of trump talking about that women I can see the media is trying to discourage the female votes for him.

Yeah trump will need some heavy blackmail material indeed.

One thing I do believe trump about is that the election will be fixed. Also I believe him about Hillary hiring people to start violence at his speach or whatever it was.

This is his first time in politics so I believe he is somewhat spitting out the truth on some things.

I'm really not for either one of them just observing.
Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  06:15:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
My extended family is split right down the middle. I got into a fairly robust argument regarding the elections while attending my brother's funeral. My one niece and my oldest nephew side with me while the three younger nephews are in opposition. Also among the elders, the sentiments are divided. Education and intelligence seem to be the determining factors. No matter who wins, things will be ugly. I've never seen such passion displayed concerning politics.

Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

chelle25

7607 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  21:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Keith,

Yeah it's so easy to get in heated arguments over politics. I can remember one other election where things were like this and that was when bush and Kerry were running against each other.

Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  16:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I've never seen the hostility I'm seeing now. Replace North vs South with Rural vs Urban and you have the parameters of a new civil war scenario. If Trump should happen to win...I don't know.

Albert Einstein

Go to Top of Page

chelle25

7607 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  17:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Yes that's a pretty scarey thought If trump should win isn't it? God only knows what would happen to this country.

Then on the other hand we have Hillary who we already know she's going to do a ****ty job.

Regardless either way we are in trouble.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27737
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0