Page: of 12

metasegue
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

4968 Posts
Gratitude: 945
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  19:43:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi,

Following Jody's lead, I set up a topic for you. I've done your horoscope but first:

As you read this short analysis, or any other astrological report, keep in mind that the traits interpreted here are your birth potentials. However, you may or may not choose to actualize these potentials in the manner described. Your age, sex, socio-economic situation, education, environment, level of development, and many other factors contribute to the ways in which you express your natal powers. Remember, astrological evolution does not compel you to do or be anything. It does influence you, but you still have the free will to determine your own life.

Your sun sign is Pisces. This is the sign in which the Sun is in your birth chart. Your Ascendant is in Virgo, and your Moon is in Taurus. Partner references which may occur in the text are set for a relationship with a man.

Sun in Pisces, Moon in Taurus

Much about you is soft-spoken and gentle, yet there is a firm base to your personality. You seek security and solidity in the form of material accumulation. Though you have little ambition, you do have practical business ability. You are quiet and reticent, but you have firmness of character. It is in love that the full range of your deep, sensuous feelings can be given supreme expression. Through your attachment to home and your love partner, you will acquire sympathy and understanding, which are your most conscious aims throughout life. When others believe in you and have a good impression of you, you have a sense of fulfillment.
The key to a more harmonious existence lies in cultivating self-determination, which can give you a degree of control over your environment. This is highly important to one so receptive to impressions.

Ascendant in Virgo, Mercury in the Fifth House

At the time of your birth the zodiacal sign of Virgo was ascending in the horizon. Its ruler Mercury is located in the fifth house.
This indicates that throughout your life you will assume a reserved, quiet, analytical, critical, and receptive attitude.
Although you are not an individual with a very strong ambition, you possess the ability to persevere and exert ingenuity.
Some selfishness is noted. However, if you are able to counteract this trait with your natural helpful and sympathetic attitude and address your positive qualities to resolve the problems of others then you will accomplish your highest spiritual duties and your degree of consciousness and perception will be expanded.
You are not afraid to work but you like to do things where you can use intellectual resources rather than mechanical ones. There is some independence here but don't try to be forceful about it because Virgo's natural habitat is one in which the person is led by some powerful authority and where the important decisions are best made by others.

You are very attentive to detail and this makes you a good worker, especially so in those jobs that require a great deal of precision and observation. You have a desire for purity and though you don't mind relating to others there is something that you do dislike: continuous intrusion of your privacy. Business and practicality should be very important in your life. Although we are not advising you to turn against your natural traits, which make you slightly reserved, we would suggest that when in love you let yourself relax and respond so as to be able to return some of the affection you are receiving. Life will find you in many situations in which you will function as advisor and counsellor; make use of these opportunities to project the power of your creativeness.

You appear preoccupied and anxious about your love life. Love absorbs your mind; this means that when you fall in love you are not able to apply yourself successfully to non-emotional matters.
You should utilize any opportunity to make good investments in business speculations. Much of your financial success will depend on your ability to correctly allocate monetary resources within the financial world.

Sun in the Sixth House

The Sun was found in your sixth house at the time of birth. This position indicates that in all your activities you will be subjected to the impositions of the environment. The overall orientation of your existence is that of accomplishment through fulfillment of professional responsibilities. In matters of health, this astrological combination is not ideal, as the vital energies of the Sun here have less power, causing you to feel an occasional lack of physical strength. You are, however, inclined to be careful with your health. In your dealings with work associates and subordinates you will show dignified, strong, but open-handed attitudes.
You work with a well-developed sense of pride in everything you do.

Digest this and we'll go on...if you choose. Meanwhile, I'll tell you some about me. I would be a Grandfather figure for you...I'm 69. I don't look, feel, or act like it but still...there it is. I'm married to a great woman for 32 years with twin 27 year old sons and three grandsons. We live in Wisconsin...rural Wisconsin.
Are you Jamaican?

Hope you stick around...you're funny too.

Keith

“We are born at a given moment, in a given place and, like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year and of the season of which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything more.”
Carl Gustav Jung quotes

Go to Top of Page

jodartha

4755 Posts
Gratitude: 1075

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  03:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Being trapped. Yep. True.

JODARTHA

"Manage your health or it will manage you"
Go to Top of Page

Antrahoanta

69 Posts
Gratitude: 24

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  08:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Well that was interesting. That was, I donīt know what that was. No Iīm not Jamaican, I actually donīt know where I am from, which is always a tricky thing to answer and feel satisfied with the answer when such a common question arises in a conversation.

I was born -pity- in Calabozo, which I think actually translates to dungeon or prison, which is a city in Venezuela, but was raised momentarily in Caracas, then most of my life from then on I was in Wales, so I forgot Spanish and everything and my Mother is Venezuelan and my Father is Portuguese and itīs all unstable, so I donīt actually feel any loyalty to a country, apart from Wales, which I donīt know, I understand. I donīt understand my country, itīs odd and too promiscuous, but like itīs just a nation with the whole populace running about like headless chickens, and theyīre all childish and evangelised, so that makes it even worse.

There was this woman who said she didnīt like taking her pills that were prescribed because it made her fat. The pills were supposed to help blood unclot in her brain, she got this clot because her husband beat her to an inch of her life. Sheīs dead, brain haemrrhoage, I donīt know if itīs related, but what a coincidence. So you get this bizarre imagery everyday and youīre sat there thinking "And Iīm supposed to identify with that?"

I can identify with going to the pub after 6, eating a Sunday Roast, having a cup of tea as youīre watching Strictly Come Dancing next to your best mateīs nan, and spazzing out to Morrissey when it comes on Nation Radio, but like, everything is flipped here, itīs like a bad acid trip and Iīm stuck in it. Anyway, Iīll stop rambling.

Congratulations on maintaining such a long relationship. I know a couple like that, they have a few stab wounds inbetween though, but I think having half a dozen kids would drive you to do that.

Right, as for the horoscope thing, yeah I can identify with certain things, the wanting my privacy, feeling constantly spent, also I do like people having good impressions of me, but thatīs mainly in my close knit social circle. I donīt care about people in general, but like the few that are close to me, I love it when they need me and I help them. I like being the maternal figure, I like being called Mother, my nickname in fact is Mumsy.

As for love, I donīt know, itīs never worked, then again I havenīt tried, so I wouldnīt know, and Iīm too young for that yet, I feel 5 years old when it comes to that, Iīd rather leave it alone, thereīs nothing more disturbing than feeling preyed upon when it comes to relationships, but thatīs because I know Iīm emotionally immature to handle one.

Like theyīre nice to look at, itīs like when your mate asks you "Do you like my new shoes?" "Yeah, theyīre alright, theyīre nice." But like you wouldnīt wear them in a million years. Thatīs how I feel about it, itīs good, but like on other people.

Working, that was spot on, I was working construction - wish I was kidding - and I felt so retarded, like my brain was being layed to waste, I wanted to do something more challenging than mixing cement with a shovel and measuring walls. Itīs an honest job but it made me feel wormy. I wanted to do something more, like what Iīm doing now, which I have no problems with, and I like that I have some authority. Iīm not snobbish but I know my place. Maybe I am snobbish, oh itīs not like people canīt be, itīs not a bad thing if you have a reason to be it.

Want to know what really gets to me, people with absolutely no potential, brain dead, specially when theyīre not even rich, like if youīre rich, itīs accepted, most people have a price and you have adquisitive power, so it works. But like, youīre middle to working class, and you think youīre the star of the world, now that is repulsive. Like I used to be spiteful to people like that, at the end of the day theyīre so insecure, and itīs not hard to ruin someoneīs sef-esteem if they donīt even know the name of their capital city but I stopped it. I learnt to control my spite, it sort of eats at my insides.

I served coffee to a person like that yesterday, now old me wouldīve said, "Hope you choke on it." I thought it, but I pulled off a smile and said, "Enjoy!" instead. But thereīs always that intense feeling of having that tiny little portruding thorn on your side. I once bore extreme hate on the neighbourīs wart, I donīt know why, but I wouldīve killed it if I could.

I do wish to go on with this, I find it interesting. I also appreciate the time you mustīve spent on it, so thank you. Iīll stick around, promise.

I go on this on my lunch break, itīs my way of forgetting all the things I see on a daily basis around me, like a man being felt up in front of me, by another man. Or being chased by a being pumped on steroids. Or being given advice on how to empty a manīs pockets with 3 bedroom sessions. I sometimes think I work in a brothel, I donīt, but I donīt see the difference. I do work though with a team of 8 men, they all bat for the other side so it all gets a bit hectic, homoerotic and full on at times. Specially when they tell you to stay downstairs for a bit because theyīre going to the little room, and not by themselves.

Well, thereīs an insight for you. Welcome to my job, a more civilized version of a crackden, a hair salon! Weīll leave you feeling fabulous, or one of these gorgeous men will end your dry spell, no extra charge!
A place where Love has no reign, but Lust has a permanent throne.

So I guess this is what it is, therapy.

Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  22:47:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Daniela,
I'm glad you responded so quickly and I'm glad you found the information...interesting. I've found, when studying my own chart, that I reflect it closely. Some of the nuances in our makeup are quite subtle...like a puzzle taking shape. Both Pisces and Virgo are mutable (highly adaptable) so you can literally shape your own personality and destiny...with a little tinkering.

I worked constuction for many years because I love the outdoors, they paid me well to stay fit, and many Winters I got to kick back on unemployment. I've seen some weird sh-t too and there were very few guys I could relate to...a lot of neandertals.

I understand your attitude about love. You may feel you're immature but your judgement isn't. You have all the time in the world.

Your neighbor's wart incited potential mayhem in you? I find that endearing. I've never heard anything quite like it...I value anything unique.

Your everyday life is like a bad acid trip. That's pretty bad. Been there...done that. The non chemical one is really bad. Spent a few years, off and on after BP dx, grittting my teeth and plotting my suicide...till I beat it. And yes, my wife and I have had our wars. But, in the end, our friendship prevails. She's 16 years younger than me and almost manages to keep up. That's her in the pic with me and my sons. They live nearby. We live within a forest...my heaven.

You're going to be a pleasure to talk with. There's this brash innocence in you I find delightful.

----------------

Jody,
Maybe you should hook up with a Sag. You wouln't see each other often but I bet it'd be fun when you do.

“We are born at a given moment, in a given place and, like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year and of the season of which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything more.”
Carl Gustav Jung quotes

Go to Top of Page

nadalama
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1299 Posts
Gratitude: 192

Posted - 09/30/2013 :  08:26:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
quote:
Originally posted by jodartha

Being trapped. Yep. True.

JODARTHA

Being abandoned. Yep. True.

Interesting thread.

Nada
Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2013 :  20:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Nada,

Yeah, you Cancers have a real thing about your home...you'd take it with you if you could...like a hermit crab. But home is much more than a dwelling...it's a conglomeration of personalities and an extension of them. Can't drag them around. Would you enjoy working from home?

The thread will only survive if Daniela retuirns. So many newbies are flashes in the pan and when you go to look for the rest of the gold dust....it's gone. I hope that's not the case. I want to tell her what to watch out for as she grows. I really do feel like a () grandfather to her. That surprised even me.

Carl Gustav Jung quotes

Go to Top of Page

jodartha

4755 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  03:28:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Where r you Daniela??

JODARTHA

Go to Top of Page

Diesel

5266 Posts
Gratitude: 115

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  08:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Being rejected! Yup that's me alright!

Sometimes it's hard to keep your head above the sea of rejection!

I need to change this about myself but I do believe it's a part of my innate personality traits!

I can't imagine how much effort this would take!

I just want to be happy and healthy. Nothing more, nothing less!
Go to Top of Page

Antrahoanta

69 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  15:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Sorry for my negligence. Had a rough few weeks, with someone getting into trouble, me getting worried, over thinking, over analyzing and a lot of things like, being kicked out of my home, then being invited back in, and then me refusing to do so. So it's all a struggle for independence and as the song says, "Fighting for my right to party!". In this case to live in keeping with what I choose for myself. So, rough, specially when your birthgiver's temperament matches Lucifer's.

So thank you and apologies for my absence.
Go to Top of Page

metasegue

4968 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  03:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I thought I'd repost this for you Daniela. Your Piscean "harsh reality" is upon you. We prefer dreams and imagination...which makes us good thespians. Be an actress and give your parents what they want to see. You're too young for the jungle.

I hope you recognize (and appreciate) the humor behind the format for this:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Clubpenguin?v=UMOMfvl6isQ

Carl Gustav Jung quotes

Go to Top of Page

Antrahoanta

69 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  08:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I appreciated, I just, comically enough, didnīt understand it.

As far as parents, Iīm tired of wearing a mask just to be complacent. Iīm doing alright, I have a job, a place to sleep and a nice fun active social life which was lacking in my life. Just here stacking my pennies and planning my escape. I may move back to Cardiff or Manchester, who knows, but Iīm much happier.

My father is God knows where, last time I heard he was in Madeira, for all I know he could be in India now. We donīt talk. Well, he talks, I choose not to listen, but who would listen to the ramblings of an irresponsible lunatic. Mayber itīs his lunacy that drove him to be irresponsible, I donīt care, heīs like a cold that never heals, so Iīd rather the distance than the proximity.

My Mother though, thatīs something else, I have mixed feelings for her. I donīt know if I love her, or fear her. So both love and fear being the opposite of each other, I think Iīm on the neutral side of it. Sheīs a good person, just not a great parent, specially when she thinks that Iīm not allowed to make choices for myself until Iīm at least of 25 years of age, so obviously Iīm not prepared to give up years of my life to make her happy. Her happiness cannot and will not depend on the length of time she can dominate me, so Iīd rather swim away just as I have done. Also Iīm tired of her throwing her obligations as a parent back at my face.

She really should have aborted me, or even cheaper still, shouldīve used contraception.

Reality is far more pleasing than the world I encase myself in. At least I can take all the calamity with good humour and laugh as Im knee deep in excrement. All that interests me at this moment is to evade trouble, I feel tired enough as it is with all this family problem nonsense. It was a time bomb anyway, I had already lived 2 years by myself and then to take that freedom away and go back to mummy dearest resulted in severe maladjustment. I guess even a blind man could see this coming.

Nice to hear you live in a forest, in the future I would like a farm, instead of children Iīll have hounds and livestock, and instead of marriage Iīll keep concubines. Wouldnīt that be lovely?

Go to Top of Page

jodartha

4755 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  10:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Daniella,

I am sorry you must be so independent...but you sound use to it by now. Growing up early (as you sound you do)...isn't an easy path. And probably trusting isn't easy.

Talk away...we are here!!!

JODARTHA

Go to Top of Page

Antrahoanta

69 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  11:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I never saw independence as a hard thing. Used to working from an early age so that never changed, the only thing that I had to learn was how to manage my money, which took considerable effort looking back on it.

I think the only thing that independence enhanced in me was my fear of people. As I lived on my own I already had trust issues, try to depend on people and they constantly stab you in the back you get used to maintaining on guard, but because I expected that to be even more frequent out there in the "jungle" as Keith puts it, I became colder.

Which is hard to shake off, you think it'd be easy but it's not. Used to keeping your emotions on check you end up walking through life with a blank expression on your face. So trust is something I need to work at, but considering the benefits of my meticulously built defenses throughout my childhood and adolescence, I grow hesitant at the thought. So I seldom do trust, and when I do, I'm surprised at my good choice of people to trust in, for those still remain.

Independence is not as hard as most people think, or maybe I just don't register it.
Go to Top of Page

nadalama
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1299 Posts
Gratitude: 192

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  14:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
quote:
Originally posted by Antrahoanta

Which is hard to shake off, you think it'd be easy but it's not. Used to keeping your emotions on check you end up walking through life with a blank expression on your face. So trust is something I need to work at, but considering the benefits of my meticulously built defenses throughout my childhood and adolescence, I grow hesitant at the thought. So I seldom do trust, and when I do, I'm surprised at my good choice of people to trust in, for those still remain.

Not only is it "hard to shake off," it becomes so ingrained that it's damn near impossible to shake off. Most of us in this place have those defenses in place. It's the most obvious thing we have in common.

Hope you don't mind the comment - your compadres in this thread are compadres of mine in other threads. I follow them relentlessly.

And, in my opinion, independence isn't hard until it isn't your idea anymore. Most of us eventually come to a point that we want or need assistance from others, but by then we have built our own walls very, very tall.

Nada
Go to Top of Page

Antrahoanta

69 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  15:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
No I don't mind the comment at all. It is almost near impossible to shake off, I've tried, but it also leads to other risk taking behaviours, at least it does with me, that in turn calls for instability.

I don't know why, but not trusting gives me a sense of liberty. If you don't trust it means you don't rely, if you don't rely you don't depend.

It's almost like having a big garden. I don't know how it gives me a sense of liberty and freedom, but it does. It can be hurtful to others I guess but like, if it's not affecting me, why stop? If anything, there are more pros than cons.

I wish I could be so indulgent as to trust, but I'm already encrypted with this code, and I cannot be bothered to format my system, not how much work it took me to be so "strong", all those files archived and programmes set up. All the questions and answers organized, everything, I cannot give it up, change one thing about yourself and you change everything. I've never liked change, not many people do, unless it's positive, but even that, I don't like it. I'm not about to start it now, whoever and however I am, I want to keep it that way. I don't remember much of my life as it is.
Go to Top of Page

jodartha

4755 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  19:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I don't remember my life either. Most of the time.

Today, perchance, I happened on pictures from the past 10 years. Nice ones. It brought a lot of pain to me. I have nothing that I use to enjoy. All for being true to myself. Protecting myself.

I hope that you never have to reflect back that far. You are still a young adult... and you deserve happiness and the ability to trust.

Funny, Nada is right, we don't trust well around here. But over time we do trust our friends here. That is a fact.

JODARTHA

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27737
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0