Welcome Message
Registration Tutorial
Nickname:
Password:
Save Password

All Forums
 Depression: General Topics
 Members Blogs
 the Good, the Bad, and the rest of the story...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

lynn2150
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

21329 Posts
Gratitude: 2146
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  21:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Leigh, I am so sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry1949
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

3117 Posts
Gratitude: 175

Posted - 06/19/2012 :  14:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Leigh sorry to here about you Dad the staff here there my father was at were so careing not only to dad but helped me through it also.

Jerral
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper (inactive)
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

24317 Posts
Gratitude: 1940
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  15:37:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
hello flm girl

i did not know you were here .

iam soo sorry about your dad . tale care to get enough rest do not watch too much television

Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3703 Posts
Gratitude: 396
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  10:37:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey Jody, thanks for the song. I love Clapton, but
never realized what that song was about. Anyway, thanks.

"If we wait for the moment when everything is ready, we shall never begin." -– Ivan Turgenev
Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3703 Posts
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  10:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Lynn, thanks for the support.

"If we wait for the moment when everything is ready, we shall never begin." -– Ivan Turgenev
Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3703 Posts
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  10:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Jerral, you are right, the whole hospice staff was
wonderful. Between caring for Dad, they were offering
us, the family, words of encouragement and support, and
just checking to see if they could do anything.

My sister had been at that same hospice house when her
father-in-law died nearly 3 years ago and said it was
the same way. They are a unique group of people.

Thanks for your support Jerral, I appreciate it.

Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3703 Posts
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  10:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey Stigs, thank you for support and words of wisdom.
I appreciate it.

Go to Top of Page

chelle25

7607 Posts
Gratitude: 912
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  17:19:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Leigh I just wanted to stop in to say I'm sorry about your dad.

Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3703 Posts
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 07/22/2012 :  13:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Chelle25,

Sorry it has taken me so long to acknowledge your support. Part of me had thought I had already, and the rest of me has been a bit discombobulated. I do apologize, as it means alot to me. Thank you.

Leigh

Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3703 Posts
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 07/22/2012 :  13:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Oh darn it all to heck...long post lost, and
no time to redo it.

Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3703 Posts
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  22:44:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
The Good:
--Got all 3 bigs bags of recycleable plastic out to the right bins.
--Finally, made the detailed apt. cleaning lists
--Read 2.5 books
--Got to the computer lab for work

The Bad:
--Wasted the other days while on vacation
--Went off my diet (Pure Sabotage) after losing 10 pounds
--No regular trash out

The Rest of the Story:
Not much else to say...except I have got to get it together. Must start cleaning this apt. Have several maintenance needs and the kitchen needs to be clean (at least the kitchen) before I have anyone in to fix stuff.

Not much time for the next week, as I am working 2, off 1, work 2 more. Will probably be totally pooped after work those days, since the new computer program starts tomorrow. Hope I am fairly well prepared, and I hope that I remember to go in early as requested. Joy of joys, on this first night, I also have to be in charge in addition to a full assignment. ARRRGH.

Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3703 Posts
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  08:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
from www.dukediet.com

Dealing With "High Risk" Situations

Do you ever feel as if you're in a situation in which your eating can easily get out of your control? Perhaps it's every time you go to a party, when you're at a buffet, while you're doing certain activities like shopping, or when you're feeling very hungry, bored, tired, or stressed out.

Whatever the reasons, it's a good idea to think back over situations that led you to overeat in the past — to learn about yourself and develop strategies for dealing with similar circumstances should they arise in the future. Take some time to write about a past situation, answering the following questions:
•What were the circumstances? Where were you? Who were you with? What were you doing? And so on.
•How were you feeling physically? Were you hungry? Sleepy? Feeling a little weak or run down?
•How were you feeling emotionally? Were you anxious or sad? Angry or tense? Happy or joyful?
•What thoughts were going through your mind?
•Were you aware of any specific cues to eat, such as the presence of trigger foods, or friends eating in front of you?

Be as specific as you can, and remember that the important thing is to recall the details of the situations that led you to overeat — to identify the triggers but not dwell excessively on "what went wrong." This is not an exercise in beating yourself up!

Once you've written about a high-risk situation, brainstorm some strategies you could have used to avoid overeating. Evaluate these options, and then choose a couple of helpful and realistic ones to keep in mind for the next time you find yourself in a similar situation.

If you give this exercise careful thought, then the next time you face a high-risk situation, things won't feel so out of control. Think of it as planning for success!

UNFORTUNATELY, everyday is a high risk situation for me. After work when I am running on empty with arthritis pain kicking me big time in my hips, knees, and back...I am just looking for a quick food fix. And since I always take money to work, I have easy access to multiple fast food places on my way home. Not much of a breakfast person, but give me a Dunkin Donuts Coolatta anyday, and there is a DD right on the way home. Or, I just pop into a store and can get multiple pig out items, and I alternate salt and sweet, salt and sweet, over and over.

Which is why I have been looking at this 'high risk situation' from several angles. Can't really leave my money at home, as I might need it for an emergency, or something. It is only me here, so I have to depend on myself. So, what I am working on now is to prep, prep, prepare for those high risk situations, and always have a protein supplement, or a diet approved snack at the ready.

At least, that's the plan.

Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3703 Posts
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  11:15:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
It's happening again! I can't believe it!

So, I slept from around 2am til 1030am, and then got up, went to the bathroom, went and got something to eat, started a load of laundry, and plopped down on the couch to get on the computer...

At 130pm got up and went to put clothes in dryer and notice3d the floor sopped around the washer and in the kitchen. Thought it was the washer and thought well there goes wahing another load. And, being Saturday, I will have to wait until Monday to have someone come out and fix it...so I will have to take my work clothes to a laundromat tomorrow after work. How inconvenient! So I grapped some sheets and started sopping up the water. And threw the clothes which smelled alright into the dryer.

Tending to the next order of business, I went to the bathroom, and discovered that it is where the water is spouting from. The weird pipe from the toilet to the floor on the side of the toilet was sprouting water, and there is about 2 inches of water on the floor, and in the surrounding bedroom, and yes, in the closet where I have hideden multiple bags of trash covered by dirty laundry.

I started sopping it up and have since started a wet load in the washer (which is not leaking) and am taking a minute to breathe and plan my attack on this.

1--I don't have time for this . I have to work tonight at 645pm.

2--I have to grab a nap
3--Can't call anyone in to fix it because my apt. is a disaster. Might get me kicked out.

4-Got to get back to sopping up water so it won't go into the apt. next door because then they will call someone.

Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3703 Posts
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  12:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
The good:

1--Well, the bathroom is drying out, mostly dry
2--Even better is that the shower has water...which means I won't have to get up early and take all my stuff to work and shower there.
3--Although it is wet at the wall to next door, it is not sopping I don't think anyway

The bad:
1--Most of the bedroom is still WAY wet, and I need to work more on it before I can nap
2--it is getting a bit humid in here
3--I am an idiot for letting my apt. stay such a med, and for hoarding bags of trash
4--I am an idiot

The Rest of the Story:
--I have a good sized fan I am going to set up in the bedroom to start drying it out
3--I have a load of stuff in the dryer now I can use to help sop up the water...it should be ready shortly
4--after this little break I am taking (and deep breathing), I WILL take out a couple loads of trash. Afterall, I will have to get someone in here on Monday to fix the toilet. Don't ask me what I am doing until then, because I don't know.

If I could take out more trash in the morning after I get off work...If??? I could??? What am I saying...I HAVE TO!!! I have to take out more trash. It is not an option anymore!!! Just like right now, I Have to go take a couple loads out, and then come back and continue to sop up the bedroom floor!!! NOW!!!

Go to Top of Page

chelle25

7607 Posts
Gratitude: 912
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  13:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page