Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Davekyn
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2412 Posts
Gratitude: 166

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  01:21:06  Show Profile  Visit Davekyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Diesel...Hows the group going? That business before was my wife, letting me know how she felt and as I have mentioned I have sorted things out with her. I have no issues with you at all and understand exactly where we stand and am happy with our talks ... I am very sorry for the confusion that has followed. Just thought I would explain it a little further. Talking with you has helped me identify a lot with my own life and I am pleased that you have felt similar about our talks.

NOW...about you...WAZ UP?

I have officially gone back to juicing my veggies ... feeling a bit weird at the moment...tummy is not the best...but it will get there...might go and make some herbal tea actually.

I promise I wont start going all GURU on you.

Moving On...
Go to Top of Page

Diesel

5266 Posts
Gratitude: 115

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  06:08:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hey Dave I'm good with it all!

Life is beyond busy. I got a interesting job proposition. Tell you about it later.

I'm just going to go get a shower and get dressed for work. This day will fly by.

I will catch up with you tonight.

I just want to be happy and healthy. Nothing more, nothing less!
Go to Top of Page

khaz

8301 Posts
Gratitude: 872
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  13:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Justbcalling in to say hello.
Would love to have your motivation and discipline.

Sue

Go to Top of Page

Diesel

5266 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  16:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks Sue your such a honey!

My motivation and discipline are really the by product of my OCD!

OMG I got tickets to go see Van Halen! I'm the happiest person in the world right now. Next Saturday at 7:30 they play the ACC centre in Toronto.

Too excited right now to do much typing so I have to go run on the treadmill for a bit to get rid of the extra energy. Be back later.

Go to Top of Page

chelle25

7607 Posts
Gratitude: 912

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  10:26:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Van Haylen...That sounds fun. Who is lead vocalist nowadays? David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?

I was an avid concert goer about 4 years ago before I started meds. Now with the meds I'm too tired to stay up that late. Got to meet alot of good bands and backstage thanks to a good friend who does massage for rock stars.

I miss those days anyhow have Fun Diesel!! You'll have a blast!!
Go to Top of Page

Diesel

5266 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  11:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Chelle! It's Diamond David Lee Roth who is singing with them.

They all kissed and made up with each other.

I wanted to go so badly because who knows if they will ever do another tour.

Eddie has still got it. I saw them back in 1990 and they were incredible. He's absolutely my guitar idol. Eddie inspired me to pick up the guitar in the first place. They began their tour in Kentucky and my friend was blown away by the whole band. They are are still my #1 pick of the best band in the world. My #2 is AC/DC. The Young brothers are a force to be reckoned with.

Eddies' son Wolfgang replaced Micheal Anthony on bass. He has big shoes to fill but that young Van Halen offspring can kick some serious *ss on bass. He also plays drums extremely well. It's in the genes!

Go to Top of Page

jodartha

4755 Posts
Gratitude: 1075
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  12:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Diesel...

Just stopping in to say hi and check in on you. Seems that you are going to see Van Halen...what a fun thing to do. I also was always found of david lee rother mostly because he was obviously just being himself up there on stage. Given I am not a guitar player, it didn't do as much for me but I did like the "show"

You sound in very good spirits. Is it the group therapy? or something else? either way...keep on doing what is making you happy. We all need to feel good as much as possible.

Hopefully you are able to get some fresh air...preferably that is warmer as spring is coming...

take care

Jody
Go to Top of Page

Diesel

5266 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  14:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks for your well wishes Jody!

I think it's the combination of exciting things coming up that I have wanted to do as well as group therapy. It's so cool to have people to relate to and vice versa.

I really am so happy I'm going to group. It's amazing how intellectual we get with some of our conversations in group. At any rate I'm learning quite a bit about myself. It's such a good thing!

Yup I'm as happy as heck! (knock on wood)

Go to Top of Page

khaz

8301 Posts
Gratitude: 872

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  15:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Excellent Diesel

It all sounds good.
Enjoy the concert.

Not familiar with the music....I'm a dinosaur...but will google...lol

Have fun

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Davekyn

2412 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  15:46:52  Show Profile  Visit Davekyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
California Girls is what I remember about the guy ... oh yea, and that he looked a bit like one as well, or that all my mates thought so as well. Secretly I think they liked him as much as I did. Good to hear they are still kicking ... kind of makes me think about how the beach boys went on and on and on ... LOL ... good group too!

Hope you have a blast Diesel. I'm going to start my day on the treadmill ... my next comeback begins!

Moving On...
Go to Top of Page

Diesel

5266 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  19:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I always thought he was cute! He's beyond talented still at age of 55. He's rated in the top 5 of guitar players in the world.

Go to Top of Page

Davekyn

2412 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  04:26:12  Show Profile  Visit Davekyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
My brother and I like him heaps...Just did not advertise it was all...LOL...must of been the crowed we were in at the time...I also liked Boy George...BUT you are not to tell a soul!!!!! Then there was Wake me up before you go go...(I think I just followed the girls around on that one, and am still paying the price for knowing it & others)...

My excuse is simply being a naive little country boy at the time who just loved the beat. I was into roughing and toughing it with the best of them back then, but when all it came to music ... I did not discriminate and enjoyed pretty much EVERYTHING the late 70's and 80's has to dish out.

Being so open with the music helped me to socialize easily as well as just break free of all the religious controls enforced on me at the time. Bit of a Kevin Bacon story there...LOL...not exactly foot loose, but we all had a good time at the local one horse town picture theater/hall.

HOPE this finds you well Diesel....
Take care
Dave.

Moving On...
Go to Top of Page

Diesel

5266 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  18:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Not having a good day. Hubby is very upset with me. I set my alarm to wake me up at 8:30 and then I shut it off and slept until 10:30. I missed my group therapy. He wanted me to go even though I was going to be really late and I said NO! I didn't want to walk in almost 1 hour an 1/2 late. I know that he has my best interests at heart but the way he's going about it is distressing me to the max. I just want to crawl into a hole in the wall and stay put. He's been ignoring me all day long and I can't do anything right. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to tell him to F*** off soon. He's on about what I missed today and that I should feel so fortunate that I'm in the program and yada yada yada. I just want him to shut up and go away!

I'm just going to go put on my headphones and play my guitar! I can hardly wait to sleep. I sure as hell won't miss therapy tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

chelle25

7607 Posts
Gratitude: 912

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  06:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I'm not friends with my alarm clock either Diesel. I'm a firm believer in listening to my body. If it's tired I follow and sleep. Only on work days I have to suffer and get up when I don't want to. It kills me!!

It was only one meeting and if your going again today he shouldn't be making such a fuss about it.

Hugs
Go to Top of Page

Diesel

5266 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  12:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks Chelle for the confirmation on the way I felt!

Today was a real eye opener for me. This later though. I need a nap!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27737
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0