New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

dman79
Starting Member

27 Posts
Gratitude: 5

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  05:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
please help me i get alot of weird feelings i get dizziness, brain fog, derealization, fatige i get cramping type feeling in back of my head ear itchiness, nausia feeling in my stomach when some one slams a door or makes a banging sound i feel it more in my back then i do the sound in my ears i have racing thoughts i hear alot of noise in my head some nights i have restless sleep and sometimes im a little moody because of it. have never taken drugs or i dont drink alcohol i used to smoke for a couple of years but i quit when i had an episode…. i was trying to sleep one night and i got a weird feeling in my body like it had shut off and then i got up and slapped water on my face but i felt vibrating through my body i freaked out and had this rushing feeling up the back of head continuously hitting me every 2 seconds in waves i went to the ER and they told me to wait by the time they got to me i had gone it had stoped and i felt better but still really weird it had followed me around for 18 months now and whilst i still work and im all right i have had a couple of blood tests and an MRI i have seen a ENT Dr nothing has been found a liitle sinus problem but nothing big…i feel like i am in a movie most of the time i have never had heart pulpitations and never sweat when anxious i constantly tap my foot and i get really scared when i get any weird pain in my head. and i always see colours in my vision i still have a good IQ when i take the test and i dont get huge highs and real bad lows im getting scared because if some one even mentions death i get anxious and go for a walk. i seen a therapist for 6 months but she never taught me anything she said i was already a cognitive thinker and make assumtions that i may have somataform disorder ( unlikely because thats intense ) she never offered me any constructive advice to what it was that i could have been feeling please tell me if you can help i dont want this to manifest into depression over this whole ordeal i have gotten really good at fighting this but i some days are hard to grasp i feel like i have got no head and i feel like i am letting this beat me. HELP please

oh and sometimes i feel sick to the stomach and get this real light headed deep feeling of dread and i just feel like i have a blanket wrapped around my head i feel like i am trapped inside my head and i panic because i feel like i might forget where i am or i keep feeling like im going to loose my way…….i also get these feeling of like iv been away somewhere and cant seem to phatham what i have done for the last few years kind of like my thoughts are going faster that my head can keep up with and it makes me panic and it is pretty scary. Last night whilst i was trying to sleep it felt like my side of my head and face was numb and this made me real anxious and i was reading to distract myself and it felt like my eyes flicked side to side but thy didnt it scared the hell out of me iv had many test all came up good it just kinda feels like my brain is doing somersaults in my head it is so much worse when im tired and that seems to be all the time lately please help me with this I can not stand this feeling of fullness in my ears and then like i am seeing things move when they are still i echoing when someone talks to me when i am like this and sick the stomach i feel like i am on a bad drug and am goona go insane or lose myself i get on the computer and do other things and it getts better but then it hits out of nowhere like i going to go off i get thoughts that no one can help and even if i go to the doctor they wont d anything ill just ask them to put me to sleep but i never get that far before i feel better just dont feel real not enjoying the life i used to love could it have occured because i was a free single man and then in a matter of month i was having a baby and getting serious with my partner attachment issues???????? help please

the dman
Go to Top of Page

davidt
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

82944 Posts
Gratitude: 2519
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  17:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic

Hi dman79.

I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge your membership here, and trust someone who can identify with your issues, will come forward and share with you, your acute anxiety state!

Welcome to what I endearingly refer to as the good ship Hope. Feel free to post when ever and wherever you feel most comfortable in doing so. We have very few restrictions within these caring communities of ours.

Wishing You Peace Of Mind, David

Friendship is the greatest gift of all.
Go to Top of Page

lynn2150

21329 Posts
Gratitude: 2146

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  18:21:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
It does sound like anxiety.
Are you eating, well, getting rest?
Have you ever had a diagnosis?
What you describe sounds very painfull emotionally.

Note to self: ask God what His plans are, for me, for the day.
Go to Top of Page

lynn2150

21329 Posts
Gratitude: 2146

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  22:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I am no Doctor, but, it sounds like you have highly sensitised nerves.
You mentioned the D word, triggering you,
(death) and wonder if you have fears over your relationship, changing, or ending.
Have you been traumatized recently, or as a child, by the loss of a loved one?
Some of the feelings you describe, I get, when coming off of a tranquillizer, (withdrawls)
and lately, I have dealt with the death of a loved one, only to find out, my friends husband is ill with cancer,
I find this is affecting me in a very bad way.
Death is a very tough topic,
If I were you, I would ask to see a neurologist, and a cardiologist. I would also ask for calming medication.
I really wish you every sucess, in getting to the bottom of your misery.
(((HUGS))))
Lynn

Note to self: ask God what His plans are, for me, for the day.
Go to Top of Page

Fruitcup (inactive)
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2298 Posts
Gratitude: 604
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  23:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi DMan

Welcome to My Therapy

I was once at group that described stress as like being rolled in a tight length of cloth....

When I first became a member I found the mood diary invaluable...plus posting even if it was to myself highlighted what made things worse...my triggers..which gave me back some control.

Keep trying to find a doctor who understands.

Chriz in SCZ is an expectant father too.

I am mother of 3....so we are here for you.

Welcome Again

Sue

Go to Top of Page

dman79
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  04:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
thanks all its good to hear some knowledge muchly appreciated thanks!!!! I am all good i have realised today that i am the cause of all this i stopped today and had a good think about it and i see how my negative thinking is impacting on me. I now realise that the negative thoughts are always there before i get real weird feelings it is going to be a challenge to change this thought patten but i am sure that i will privale. Lynne i am getting a bit of rest not as much as i should but about 5-6 hours a night for sleep and rest during the day makes me light headed and panicy so i never rest much during the day, i am eating well but not all that healthy and physical exercise has been some what scarce to say the least, the doctor and therapist believe this is anxiety because i was in a relationship since i was 16yrs old and spent 10 years with her and eventually married that girl only to divorce 6 months later cause i was always stressed and trying to cover my lies but i was into gambling and i lied alot through the relationship i sort of lived a double life because i was not happy but to scared to hurt her and leave, I got into some trouble finacially and decided to be truthfull and leave, I told her part of the truth and lied about the rest i stayed single for a couple years going so fast in my life having fun that i never stopped to feel what it was i walked away from or how i felt about leaving that woman and night clubs was all i craved lol i did alot of travelling around and made a bit of a name for myself in night club circles as a ladies man i loved life then i chased a certain girl for a number of months and eventually got her i always was a sucker for woman i think i fell in love with every woman i met lol however this was different i always deep down wanted kids and i got this one pregnant after only knowing her for 3 months we were serious and living together and then this all hit me ANXIETY lol and this is where we are today our daughter is 17months old and we have been together for 2 and half years i have made this work despite my anxiety and i wouldnt leave her if i had to!!! i would die by her side before leaving her alone. in the back of my mind i still think of the single days and smile all the time remembering the stories i think this is where it stems from but the feelings of anxiety are so strong it makes you believe your dying!!! i never was scared of death when i was single after i dropped all my baggage because i thought there was no one depending on me so if the day came so be it simple as that. I think i spent so much time running from a relationship had great fun but then found myself back in what i spent a lifetime running from could be my problem.

the dman
Go to Top of Page

Fruitcup (inactive)

2298 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  17:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I think it is natural to greive you other life style....perhaps you have moved from night clubs into nice cafes or alfresco family dining....life can still be glamorous with a family.

Do you make time for you and your wife?

Do you have a hobby?

Sue
Go to Top of Page

dman79
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  18:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Sue yeah i do make time for them i think, i am at home all the time i do not go anywhere we stay home all the time lol going to the movies i used to love and i used to play in pool comps and hang with my mates all the time but since i have been attached i dont do none of that no more and since the the anxiety started i never feel like doing anything little depressing sometimes but the anxiety kicks in real bad in the movies and if i wanted to go play pool and hang with my mates my partner will be real unhappy because im getting to do things i want to do and she will be home bored with baby i think thats another aspect to the causes of my anxiety......my partner was a kind of loner type girl unhappy and not much focus in life never the real popular girl with her friends but a friend to hang with and she had no one in the town we live to help her if she was ever in trouble she kinda clang to me from day one for security and love, and i think thats the biggest thing i have not been able to do the things i would usually do because if i do she would have no one and would be home bored and then the jelousy would set in the questions of "what are you up to" "where have you been" and i dont want that I dont want to leave her alone she has been alone for her whole life and i care to much about her to have a life of my own.......................OMG lol i think i just cracked my own case looool.

the dman
Go to Top of Page

Fruitcup (inactive)

2298 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  21:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi

It is lovely that you are such a devoted partner.

Your 17 month old will soon be going to play groups and things so that will expand your partners horizons and take the pressure off you....so make some enquiries and encourage her.

Having a toddler is anxiety producing.

Try to take baby steps at expanding your horizons too....hubby and I don't do the single night out thing but we do do fishing and other things seperately...I even take the kids on holiday.

It all works out but keep looking for a doctor who understands.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

dman79
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  02:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Great i had a relapse today i was sitting in a meeting at work and i felt i started to remember and kinda visualise a dream i had ages ago the scenery in the dream is what i was remembering and it kinda freaked me out i went all tingly and i could feel the panic in my stomach and like a tingly feeling in mu upper back i went into a day dream state derealisation and felt like i was goning to run off and scream for help i felt helpless and it really scared me im getting real sick of this stuff doing this this how will i stop it does it still dsound like anxiety?????????

the dman
Go to Top of Page

Fruitcup (inactive)

2298 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  15:52:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Dman

Yes that is how anxiety attacks me.
I have been known to just flee.....but that was before meds.

There are heaps of relaxation techniques you can use...they never work for me in a crisis.....you have to slow your whole lifestyle down.

Sorry not to be of much help....at home I concentrate on my senses...music, fragrance,light, clothing......shower, bath...but it easier for me my youngest is 12....not 17 months.

Was it a particularly important meeting?

Are you eating...sleeping as well as you can?

I hate it when people tell you to get a babysitter...go to the gym...take a holiday...when sometimes paying the bills is tough enough...but if you can do any of the above with your partner.

I always found going with someone I trusted made life easier.

I really do know how difficult attacks can be.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

dman79
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  00:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
yeah it can be hectic....to make things worse......i was told my ENT doctor that i have an ulcer in my sinus and today i started to get a weird feeling in the back of my throat like a nausia type feeling very hard to explain the taste/feeling like gross taste and dripping type feeling i was told by my doctor that is pus dripping down my throat from the ulcer in my sinus he gave me antibiotics so see how it goes but when i get this feeling and taste i get real bad dizzy feeling sick stomach/anxiety panicy OMG i hate it.........I around 5-6 hours sleep a night bad movement feelings and foggy head racing thoughts atnoght so it takes a while to get to sleep i have never taken drugs for this i think i am doing pretty good considering that. It would be easy to go and get prescibes some drugs or anti depresants to help me but my motto is if it got there and started without drugs then you should be able to cure it without drugs I dont like anything that will alter my mind the anxiety does enough of that lol.

the dman
Go to Top of Page

WhiteWolf (inactive)
Super Member (250+ posts)

349 Posts
Gratitude: 19

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  21:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Gross taste huh? Taste like rotten eggs or something? Hmm blured vision, abdominal pain (kidney hurts), hears a ringing sound.

You probably have hypertension #2. So you blood pressure is really high from being overweight and/or anxiety disorder.

You need to take medication to reduce your blood pressure and then go see a therpist to talk things out with and get some Xanax or my favorite.. Valium.

I am a high anxiety sociopath so I can relate to you on the hypertension #2 issues. Btw if you don't reduce your blood pressure it will kill your kidneys (that abdominal pain you feel near your lower ribs) and you will really have a reason to freak out then.

Drop the caffine as well and drink more water to help flush your kidneys. I think they call this a heart disease or something. Basicly we will one day die of a heart attack or stroke if we don't get treated.

Go to Top of Page

dman79
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  04:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi White Wolf,..........who are you talking to????

the dman
Go to Top of Page

WhiteWolf (inactive)
Super Member (250+ posts)

349 Posts
Gratitude: 19

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  20:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Bob.

I'm talking to Bob.

Did you know that when anxiety raises your blood pressure it does about the same damage to your body as normal high blood pressure?

You're dying.. your mind is literally killing your body.

Guess that means in some ways you are your own worst enemy. I mean you don't think the mind freaks out without telling the body to do the samething do you?
Go to Top of Page

dman79
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  21:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
whitewolf please stop getting on here and putting silly comment it is not needed nor nessesary.

the dman
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27738
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0