Welcome Message
Registration Tutorial
Nickname:
Password:
Save Password

All Forums
 Depression: Opinion Poll
 Administrator's Opinion Polls
 When Your Depression Returns, What Do You Do?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts
Gratitude: 593
Very caringVery wiseI agree

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:52:15  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    When my mood starts to become too down, depressed or hopeless:
    • I try to feel better by isolating myself and avoiding people.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:53:15  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • I don't try to fight it. I just accept the feeling and go with it wherever it takes me.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:53:56  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • I end up drinking more alcohol or using more street drugs.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:54:28  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • I end up being much less sexually active.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:55:14  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • I end up making bad decisions romantically and/or financially.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:55:53  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming less active and less motivated.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:56:26  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is that I sleep too much or too little, and I feel tired much of the day.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:57:03  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming insecure and lacking self-confidence.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:57:49  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming tense or irritable.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:58:20  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my losing interest in people or social events.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:59:04  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is spiritually feeling empty or distant from God, or feeling that I am being punished for my sins.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:59:51  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my thoughts start to slow down, or I become much less talkative.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  13:00:31  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming very concerned with my own troubles, and disregarding other peoples' problems.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  13:01:09  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • My family, friends or therapist can see that I have become very depressed way before I realize I'm depressed.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  13:02:01  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Dear Members,

Thank you for completing this questionnaire and sharing this information with our community.

Opinion Poll Findings

Of our Depression Support Community members completing this questionnaire, more than 50% answered "Yes" to the following:

• I don't drink alcohol or use street drugs.

• I don't go to parties, rock concerts or any other very stimulating or emotional events (because I don't want to get over-stimulated).

• I purposely don't make any major decisions - e.g., buy a new car, buy a house, quit my job (because I don't trust my decision-making ability when I'm depressed).

• I try to cheer myself up by reading or watching TV.

• I try to feel better by isolating myself and avoiding people.

• I end up being much less sexually active.

• I end up making bad decisions romantically and/or financially.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming less active and less motivated.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is that I sleep too much or too little, and I feel tired much of the day.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming insecure and lacking self-confidence.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming tense or irritable.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is my losing interest in people or social events.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is my thoughts start to slow down, or I become much less talkative.
I would now like to invite you to the discussion concerning this topic on the next page.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
 Click Here To Continue
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 41  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27737
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0