Welcome Message
Registration Tutorial
Nickname:
Password:
Save Password

All Forums
 Bipolar Disorder: Opinion Poll
 Administrator's Opinion Polls
 When Your Mania Returns, What Do You Do?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 39

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts
Gratitude: 593
Very caringVery wiseI agree

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  15:40:27  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    When my mood starts to become too excited, elated, or manic:
    • I try to calm myself down by isolating myself and avoiding people.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  15:43:10  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • I don't try to fight it. I just accept the feeling and go with it wherever it takes me.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  15:45:28  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • I end up drinking more alcohol or using more street drugs.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  15:46:20  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • I end up being much more sexually active.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  15:48:39  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • I end up making bad decisions romantically and/or financially.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  15:54:05  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming hyperactive and constantly on the go.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  16:00:36  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my decreased need for sleep. I will sleep only a few hours; yet I will awake full of energy.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  16:03:42  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming over-confident and believing that I could do exceptional things (that later I realized I couldn't).
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  16:04:55  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming loud or irritable.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  16:08:05  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming much more sociable and out-going.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  16:27:21  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is feeling much more spiritually in contact with God or feeling that I must somehow save the world.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  20:47:05  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my thoughts start to race, or I become much more talkative.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  20:47:25  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    • One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming very generous and giving away my possessions.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  20:47:42  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
    When my mood starts to become too excited, elated or manic:
    • My family, friends or therapist can see that I have become too high or manic way before I realize I'm too high or manic.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

14912 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  14:58:59  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Dear Members,

Thank you for completing this questionnaire and sharing this information with our community.

Opinion Poll Findings

Of our Bipolar Support Community members completing this questionnaire, more than 75% answered "Yes" to the following:

• I ensure that I stay on the prescribed dose of my anti-manic medication.

• I don't drink alcohol or use street drugs.

• I purposely don't do any major shopping (because I don't want to over-spend).

• I purposely don't make any major decisions - e.g., buy a new car, buy a house, quit my job (because I don't trust my decision-making ability when I'm high).

• I purposely don't pursue a new romance (because I don't trust my decision-making ability when I'm high).

• I try to calm myself down by going for quiet walks.

• I end up drinking more alcohol or using more street drugs.

• I end up making bad decisions romantically and/or financially.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming hyperactive and constantly on the go.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is my decreased need for sleep. I will sleep only a few hours; yet I will awake full of energy.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming much more sociable and out-going.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is my thoughts start to race, or I become much more talkative.

• One of the first warning signs I notice is my becoming very generous and giving away my possessions.

• My family, friends or therapist can see that I have become too high or manic way before I realize I'm too high or manic.
Next I would like to invite you to participate in an interactive lecture titled: "Can You Detect The Onset Of Your Mania?"

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
 Please Click For New Interactive Lecture
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 39 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27737
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0