Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37

Zep
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2298 Posts
Gratitude: 536
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  23:39:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Why nasty, storm? Have I offended you or something?

Zep

Madness is merely a state of mind.
Go to Top of Page

lynn2150
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

21329 Posts
Gratitude: 2146
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  03:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Storm gets nasty, nothing you said Zep.
What a great story, about your house building.
Enjoyed every frame of it !
Lynn
Go to Top of Page

Zep

2298 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  15:44:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks, Lynn. It was a life-changing experience and I learnt a lot, but I never, ever, ever want to do it again!! It's also a real test of a relationship....

Zep.
Go to Top of Page

Twizzle
Starting Member

45 Posts
Gratitude: 18

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  04:34:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Wow Zep, your place looks amazing, even if it isn't finished! Where abouts have you built? It looks absolutely heavenly...

When I finally get to the 'white picket fence' stage of my life I want to have a little old bangalow in a little country town, probably somewhere a little crazy and alternative like Nimbin (haha). After having grown up in a country area that was eaten up by urban sprawl, I'm pretty keen to get out of suberbia.

By the way, what made you decide to build by yourselves?

The best Place is to find your Home, the Coolest is to find your Way...
Go to Top of Page

Zep

2298 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  04:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks, Twizzle. Those photos were actually taken over a decade ago...the house IS 'finished' (life caught up with us in the form of 14 children, so we didn't get around to painting skirting boards, etc!).

We built it ourselves because a) my husband wanted to (I was less keen!) and b) because it was cheaper. It was an interesting experience, and our relationship survived it! Steep learning curve....

I hope you get your wish and escape suburbia. Despite all the hassles here in a remote area, I wouldn't move back to the city. However, I must point out that I spent 12 years of my adult life in Sydney, working and playing hard......I got it all out of my system first!

Zep.
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper (inactive)

24317 Posts
Gratitude: 1940

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  06:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
zep i was here can i live in your back yard lol
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper (inactive)

24317 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  06:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
start a trailor park and american rednecks etc will fight each other to get in but hell we fight each other any way lol
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper (inactive)

24317 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  06:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
start a hippie retreat and get some new age music , books on new age medicine, and make money on a nature tour ecolgy school, and you really do have to fix that open space at the bottom of the wall in your shower room i think thats where your reptillian things and creepy crawlies are getting in lol
Go to Top of Page

Zep

2298 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  12:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Stig, assuming that a 'trailer' is a caravan....you can tow your caravan and stay my backyard anytime! It's a long way though.....

My husband is an old hippy....does this define it as a 'hippy retreat' already??? lol Plenty of music here, we grow aloe vera for medicine, and there are dozens of kangaroos around the fence as I type....does this count towards a hippy/nature retreat?

Yes, there are holes all over the place....what can I say? I have become more used to all the critters. Btw, that is just a shed now...we actually have two real bathrooms inside the house!

Zep.
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper (inactive)

24317 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  13:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
caravan runs, put may use cangaroos as pack mules,
holes in shed dont bother me, but i will look in the toilet bowl as i saw rats and snakes can go through the sewer and well SURPRISE when one pops a squat at 3:00 am lol

hippies are cool they know where the pot is!
maybe theres those toads that i can lick and see pretty colors while i talk in person with god lol

the one draw back is getting a pizza delivered is hard . i bet dominos would punk out to that challange lol

i hope the dea ,atf doesent start training kangaroos to find drugs and weapons and stihls. i hear that those critters throw a mean punch let alone a kick chuck norris only wishes he had. and its queensbury rules.

sorry for the narcotic and alcohol jokes im suffering from deppressions iron grip thanks to unrelenting mania and little sleep and a heat and humidity blast wave.
Go to Top of Page

Zep

2298 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  13:54:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Stig, I'm sorry that you're not well, but I think that you are a natural comedian! "Pops a squat"???? I must remember that one!!!

Kangaroos are fairly unco-operative creatures....have you noticed the size of their heads? There's a good reason for their proportionately small heads....they contain very few brains! The only thing they know how to do well is to flee, let alone throw a punch! The only things they don't run away from are car headlights - they hop towards those! Because the bumper bar knocks the legs out from under them, they hit the windscreen with force. The very last thing you want is a badly injured roo trapped in the cabin with you. Their back legs are what packs the punch.

There are plenty of toads here...but I don't think you would enjoy licking them (although I wouldn't mind a photo!). They make you sick more than anything. Certainly they make the dogs sick just from picking them up.

You're right....no pizza deliveries. No deliveries of anything here. We have a mailbox about half a kilometre away, but we only recently got a mail delivery every day.

I won't go into my husband's activities in the 60s, however I can tell you that we no longer have the time, energy or money to indulge in recreational substance use! We don't even buy alcohol anymore. I wish I felt healthier!! :)

Zep.
Go to Top of Page

Zep

2298 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  15:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
A little snake story for you, Stig....
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper (inactive)

24317 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  16:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
oh to bloody heck with that !
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper (inactive)

24317 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  16:18:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
crikey!

steve irwin , the crodile guy i miss you!
Go to Top of Page

Zep

2298 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  16:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
There was actually a delightful news story from Darwin a couple of months ago, but I couldn't find any pictures in the archives. A Black-Headed Python (a big one!) became lost in the sewer pipes, and popped up in someone's toilet. The poor snake was malnourished and dehydrated - had to be nursed back to health! The house owner was treated for shock! lol

Zep.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 37 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 27761
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0