Page: of 9

Lost girl
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1360 Posts
Gratitude: 401
Very caring

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  15:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Everyone!

On Sunday, Jan 13th I had an emergency appendectomy: with complications. Doctors would not discharge me until all was A-OK.

It is so ironic : I fought so hard to STAY OUT of the PSYCH hospital, and I end up in te MEDICAL Hospital. Karma. Damn. Morphine hmmmmm.

I hadn't expected to spend 11 days in hospital: so the whole experience was overwhelming....There is NOTHING to do to prevent this from happening: it is the luck of the draw.

Healing will take time, and I MAY returm to work in a week or so with limitations (on top of my Bipolar limitations)

My PDoc & I were just at the tail end of my Med change....and I am hopeful the hospital stay disruption will NOT cause a major Psych med issue.

I am really unsure how I feel..what cycle mood I am in. Iam still on Hospital time/Patient mindset...feed me..take care of me....turn me over..poke & jab & feel me...chart me..monitor me....I am yours: COMPLETELY. I surrender.

Losing my appendix and 11 precious days...

Lost girl

LOST GIRL
This too shall pass. Forgive me if I stumble..

Go to Top of Page

davidt
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

82944 Posts
Gratitude: 2519
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  16:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic

Hi Lost girl,

I am very sorry to learn of your ordeal. It's exactly what my friend Don had to contend with in November but for a lesser period of time for there were no complications.

I trust there won't be any further aftermath, save for your on going mental health issues ... which can't be surgically removed unfortunately.

As I said in your Goal thread not that long ago, your input is missed here!

Hugs David

"Remember your humanity and forget the rest." — Joseph Rotblat
Go to Top of Page

dizzydean
Super Member (250+ posts)

838 Posts
Gratitude: 294
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  19:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Lost Girl, I, too, have been missing your input around these forums. Sorry to hear about your health problems, and wish you the speediest of recoveries.

You were going through a lot of med changes, weren't you? Have you felt that your mood is already been effected by this? Or are you holding pretty constant?

Thinking 'bout you!
(((((HUGS)))))

Dizzy

"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.."
Og Mandino
Go to Top of Page

aquamarine

1238 Posts
Gratitude: 300
Very caring

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  20:21:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Lost Girl,
I am glad you are okay. That sounds like an ordeal and definately what you did not need on top of the med changes.

I understand the "hospital routine" mindset. In many ways I wonder if that was what helped me most when I went into the hospital for psych reasons (even more than the ECT). It was the first time ever I could just surrender to someone else and say "take care of me". My pdoc nailed it on the head when he said it represented a "neutral" place for me to heal. I really felt that way while I was there.

I hope your appendix operation heals quickly...and I hope your new meds help.
...aqua
Go to Top of Page

PolarOne
Super Member (250+ posts)

456 Posts
Gratitude: 113

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  01:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Lost girl,

Sounds stressful for you, who needs it when you're trying to find some stability with med changes. Only ever had my wisdom teeth out in hospital, ended up staying 3 days with complications etc. Did find it totally disrupts your routine though, know what you mean about hospital mindset too.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Go to Top of Page

RedStar
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

4843 Posts
Gratitude: 657
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  06:36:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Lost Girl, the whole thing about trying so hard to stay out of the psych hospital but ending up in the medical hospital was funny!

I'm glad you're feeling better physically.

I was VERY ill with the flu last January (yes, I get a flu shot, but this very nasty bug wasn't in it). I ended up in the ER for dehydration and severe nausea, was off work for a week. For several days I was completely out of it. It totally messed me up with my meds, even with Cloud helping, because I couldn't eat solids for several days. Some of my meds have to be taken with food, and I always take Lamictal with food (after a very unfortunate incident with a pill getting stuck at the back of my mouth).

Have you ever tasted Lamictal? It is vile. And I couldn't get rid of the taste - I tried bread, I tried chocolate, and I finally resorted to hot sauce, which did work, but them I had to eat chocolate again to dampen the spiciness. (Seriously, chocolate is amazing at getting rid of bad tastes and especially at helping take the edge off spicy foods.)

Anyway, I got back on track and did not have an episode.

Mourning is not forgetting... It is an undoing. Every minute tie has to be untied and something permanent and valuable recovered and assimilated from the dust. -Margery Allingham
Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

9136 Posts
Gratitude: 822
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honest

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  08:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
quote:
Originally posted by Lost girl

Hi Everyone!

On Sunday, Jan 13th I had an emergency appendectomy: with complications. Doctors would not discharge me until all was A-OK.

It is so ironic : I fought so hard to STAY OUT of the PSYCH hospital, and I end up in te MEDICAL Hospital. Karma. Damn. Morphine hmmmmm.

I hadn't expected to spend 11 days in hospital: so the whole experience was overwhelming....There is NOTHING to do to prevent this from happening: it is the luck of the draw.

Healing will take time, and I MAY returm to work in a week or so with limitations (on top of my Bipolar limitations)

My PDoc & I were just at the tail end of my Med change....and I am hopeful the hospital stay disruption will NOT cause a major Psych med issue.

I am really unsure how I feel..what cycle mood I am in. Iam still on Hospital time/Patient mindset...feed me..take care of me....turn me over..poke & jab & feel me...chart me..monitor me....I am yours: COMPLETELY. I surrender.

Losing my appendix and 11 precious days...

Lost girl

LOST GIRL

Hi Lost girl,
I've missed you around here, it's good to see a post from you. Maybe this could be a time for you to sit back and really nurture yourself.

Keep going!

EA
Sex: female
homemaker, married
Diagnosed Bipolar 1993

Go to Top of Page

stile

1627 Posts
Gratitude: 461
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  09:37:42  Show Profile  Visit stile's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I am glad you are OK, Lost. I miss our chats. And I am not really clear on what happened there between us - it ended so suddenly. E-mail me if you like.

-stile

Man was/is born free; and everywhere he is in chains
Go to Top of Page

Lost girl

1360 Posts
Gratitude: 401
Very caring

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  21:19:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi David, EA, RedStar,PolarOne,aquamarine,dizzydean, and stile!

Thank you ALL so much for your kind & encouraging words: they really touch my heart deeply.

It looks as though I may be recuperating longer than I originally anticipated, so your support means that much more to me!

I see my PDoc next week, and I am hopeful we can continue moving forward to "stability" with my med changes. Presently, my body has NOT adjusted too well to the surgery...(It shut down actually).

Strengthening & healing my body is the #1 priority : I NEED to stay in touch with my MT friends & post in my Blog; this defines a PURPOSE for me until I can carry on solo again.

Once again..thank you all!

Stile..as soon as I feel up to it Sweetie..we will chat. You may send me an email at any time...although I don't know at this point if I can response.

Sincerely,
Lost girl

LOST GIRL

Go to Top of Page

Melvin Dejesus
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  23:40:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
These words are mostly used for the girls and anyone wants to protect the girl but it’s not good if you have mind then think who is deserve these words its girl or boy but not just a girl. I am share this site https://topamericanwriters.com/ and just few people are visit here because I am boy but if any girl is share this when everyone is visiting here.
Go to Top of Page

Abdul Sargent
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2021 :  03:07:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Muslim has faith on Allah and loves Allah very much and they knew the only One Allah can save them to all difficulties. They are consulting with many alme deen at http://serverhostingreviews.com/ and increase their information about deen Islam.
Go to Top of Page

warblaster

112498 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2021 :  19:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
[u

Go to Top of Page

warblaster

112498 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2021 :  19:24:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
[u