New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

slackagon

51 Posts
Gratitude: 9

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  09:19:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Thanks for asking,

Am doing ok, today. I get to put a few hours of work in and then call it a week, so that is super.

I was listening to Ghost in the Machine, and realized how the messages in the songs still apply today, maybe even moreso than they did when I first listened to them. Hopefully that doesn't mean too much that I'm a "self deluded prick". It's hard to say if he was referring to himself or some politician, or whatever.

It's about 10 degrees below normal, here. I had to turn the heat on, yestderday, for the first time this year. I actually like it when it cools down through December, then it gets a bit too chilly and snowy. But I like it here, and don't mind that I'm going to be living here for several more years, even if I decide to move back to the West Coast at some point.

Just another lackluster day, nothing too notable. But nothing too boring, either.

So, how are you doing?
Go to Top of Page

slackagon

51 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  00:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I guess I should be more sensitive. Sting and cohorts can be kind of hard to swallow sometimes. I guess I was playing my music too loudly too early in the morning on a work day. People were honking yesterday, so maybe that's why. But people always honk here, so I'm not sure.

Then, yesterday, I became depressed, for no apparent reason other than "The Ghost in the Machine".

Everything is almost back to normal today.

Hope you're ok too. Sorry if I don't seem too sociable as of late, there is a lot going on right now, like stress from work.
Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

9136 Posts
Gratitude: 822
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honest

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  11:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic

Hi Slackagon,
So what do you do for a living? (At this time, I'm unemployed, looking for something)

-EA

unemployed
thirty-two-year-old Korean-American
married woman
diagnosed bipolar 1993

Go to Top of Page

slackagon

51 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  12:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
I'm a web designer working part time for a friend. I put up a vinyl records website for him, and he gets sales. He's organizing a Tibetan website for one of his friends.

I'm really a workaholic, but am only allowed to work a certain number of hours per month. It's a part of my disability assistance with the government.

I also have an Amazon Associates store online, which makes about $100 / month on top of all this.

Sooner or later, I'm going to get off the government disability, and strike out on my own. I think I have a good chance of making a decent income with my associate business, if I play my cards right.

But right now, I have more stress from not being able to work as much, because of the affiliate store, and this new project is due December 1st, and my friend is writing the spec today, so I'm officially going to be out of the starting gate today.

I think it gives me enough time, but a lot of the stress before was waiting for him to write the spec. Now that the spec is written, it's going to be making sure I do a great job. I need this website to be good for my portfolio.

but anyhow, I was curious a bit more about you, too...

You seem like a nice person, and very popular here. How long have you been with your husband? I'm not relationship bound myself, because I'm too emotionally unstable for one. But it's nice to chat with you, because I don't get much of a chance to socialize too much.

How are you, in general? If you don't mind me asking....

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  17:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Hi Slackagon,
Today I'm feeling some anxiety and frustration on different levels about stuff that's going on, but it's actually fairly manageable, so I guess I can say I feel pretty good.

You asked how long have my husband and I been together, --we met over ten years ago and got married just a few years ago. He's in MN this weekend, visiting his folks.

I'm getting ready to make myself something to eat. Do you like to cook? How are things with you?

-EA

unemployed
thirty-two-year-old Korean-American
married woman
diagnosed bipolar 1993

Go to Top of Page

slackagon

51 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  18:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
Wow, 10 years, that sounds very nice. I'm just getting over a series of long term back-to-back relationships that didn't go so well, but I ended up with some good friends out of the last one, including my significant other, whom I still talk to every day.

I like to cook, but am too lazy to go the whole 9 yards, and my income is kind of low, so I improvise a lot. I also don't like to cook when it's messy, and my apartment is really bad sometimes, so I tend to make one pan meals like stir fry, and cook american type food, like burritos, and chicken burgers, but occasionally I'll go out to eat to make up for the penny pinching. I also eat lots of canned food and boxed food, stuff you can prepare in a pinch easily.

Cooking is great for the soul, something that can keep one happy...

What kinds of food do you enjoy preparing?
Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  12:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic

I get lazy too. I've been making microwavable quick stuff for lunch. We eat a lot of chicken. Italian, Mexican and Thai are probably my favorite kinds of food. And I like burgers a lot.

So I went back and looked at one of your posts above about that you run an Amazon store. So how long have you been doing that? I've bought a few books from Amazon but haven't tried selling anything there.

Go to Top of Page

warblaster
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

112498 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2021 :  08:15:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
http://audiobookkeeper.ru

Go to Top of Page

warblaster
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

112498 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2021 :  08:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic
http://eyesvision.ru